Thermal Imaging Workshop - September 2009
Dr. Karl van Bibber, Dean of Research -- Overview of NPS Research
Professor R. Christopher Olsen, Executive Director the RSC for NPS -- Overview of the RSC
Mr. Ross Overstreet*, FLIR Systems -- "Recent Advances in FLIR Infrared Cameras for Military Test Range and Industrial R&D Applications"
Dr. Jeff Hall*, The Aerospace Corporation -- "Mineral and Gas Identification using High-Performance Thermal Infrared Imaging Spectrometers"
Mr. Jeff Myers, UCSC/NASA Ames -- "NASA Airborne Thermal Imaging Systems"
Dr. Chris Elvidge, NOAA -- "Low Light Imaging for Power Outage and Fire Detection"
Dr. Dar Roberts, UCSB -- "Estimates of Active Fire Properties using AVIRIS, ASTER and MODIS"
Afternoon Panel Speakers
* Dr. Doug Stow**, SDSU -- Moderator for Panel Discussion: "Disaster Technologies: Problems and Solutions With a Focus on Fire Response"
* Mr. Vince Ambrosia**, CSUMB/NASA Ames (panel)
* Mr. Steve Ambrose**, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (panel)
* Mr. Mark Rosenberg**, CAL FIRE (panel)
* Dr. Fred Kruse, RSC, NPS -- Summary
* Slides cannot be published at this time
** Notes and slides taken from the Panel Session: "Disaster Technologies: Problems and Solutions With a Focus on Fire Response."
(Click on the links above to see the speakers' presentations from the workshop)
Please note that the Remote Sensing Center at the Naval Postgraduate School does not endorse any commercial vendors.