Leading Innovation with an Energy Application Focus (LIEAF)
Leading Innovation with an Energy Application Focus is a new five-day course offered at NPS during February 24-28, 2014. The course is a flag level course which is sponsored by OPNAV and SECNAV and controlled by N00F.
Participants will learn:
- Best practices of innovation as it relates to organizational success in the Navy
- Entrepreneurial thinking and action
- Effective communication
- Resource stewardship
- Why energy is critical to our national security
- Why energy is critical to the Department of Navy's mission
- How the Department of Navy can improve combat capability and mission effectiveness with changes in its approach to energy
- How to apply Energy considerations in requirements generation, acquisitions and operations
At the end of the week participants will:
- Take part in a group exercise that focuses on the challenge of how the Navy can use energy smartly
- Be prepared to balance operational capability delivered through energy efficiency against more traditional capabilities
The course includes a visit to Silicon Valley.
Winli McAnnaly, Deputy Director, Center for Executive Education (CEE) email@example.com