The Information Age has generated a revolution in the means in which we conduct business and warfare. New technologies have changed the traditional views of the marketplace, supply chain management, and logistics. As the range and complexity of computer applications have grown, the need to manage and exploit those resources has increased. This curriculum provides both the technical skills and business acumen to deal with a constantly evolving digital world.
Information Management (Curriculum 870)
The Information Systems Management graduate shall have the knowledge skills and competencies to:
- Manage the acquisition of Information Systems
- Manage Information Systems and infrastructure support afloat and ashore
- Solve Information Systems engineering and management problems individually and in teams
- Effectively manage and lead in today's constantly changing digital world
- Develop and implement effective strategies and policies to take advantage of technological opportunities and mitigate risk
- Assimilate new technologies and transform organizations, processes, and strategies to compete in the marketplace or on the battlefield. These general education skill requirements are supported by the following topical educational skill requirements.