LITTORAL OPERATIONS CENTER
Thursday / April 23, 2015 / 8:00am – 4:30pm
SURFACE WARFARE-LITTORAL COMBAT
Friday / April 24, 2014 / 8:00am – 2:00pm
PLENARY SESSION & PRESENTATIONS
2:00pm – 3:00pm
The Naval Postgraduate School’s Littoral Operations Center will be hosting the 2nd Annual Wargame Planning Session in Monterey, California. This event will help shape our understanding of the rapidly changing security environment in the global littorals.
The purpose is to share the expertise of defense leaders, tactical and technical experts and security analysts to increase the resolution of wargame scenarios set in the littorals, and to identify associated research topics, to build toward future at-sea experimentation and exercises.
The Wargame Planning Session panels will address:
- Accessing the Littorals
- Operating and Fighting in the Littoral Clutter
- Lethality and Survivability in the Littorals
- Applied Technology in the Littorals
- NPS Wargaming and Research in Littoral Scenarios
The Surface Warfare/Littoral Combat Innovation Workshop will involve NPS faculty, staff and US and partner nation officers studying at the Naval Postgraduate School. The purpose of the workshop is to identify maritime-security-focused research opportunities at NPS, and to enhance the implementation of the new U.S. Navy Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower.
We encourage you to join the Workshop’s Breakout Sessions and observe the Outbriefing Presentations by the officer-student working groups, who, guided by NPS faculty experts, will examine:
- Implementing New Technologies and Materials for the LCS and LCS-Next
- Improving LCS and LCS-Next Operational Capabilities
- Optimizing the Surface Warfare Officer Career Path
- Effecting Cooperative Security in the Global Littorals
- Deploying SOF and USMC aboard LCS and LCS-Next
If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com for an invitation. **Non-US Citizens must reply no later than 30 MARCH 2015 to allow for Foreign Visitor Request processing.