Next Event: RELIEF 13-3 will be held 6-9 May 2013 at McMillan Airfield, Camp Roberts, CA. To apply for attendance please visit our Application tab to the left.
To receive our email updates, please contact email@example.com
RELIEF provides an environment that fuses interactive community building and knowledge sharing activities with concept-based socio-technological experimentation.
The event utilizes different methods of interaction, all of which focus on end user input on disaster response operations. The field environment also provides the opportunity to explore new solutions for crisis responders through hands on interaction and experimentation.
Fundamentally, RELIEF aims to:
● Provide a space for experimentation, demonstration, and dialogue where creative and actionable ideas are encouraged;
● Leverage effective technologies--commercial, military, and otherwise--and create new ones;
● Create effective and lasting partnerships between disparate groups;
● Build tools that increase the capacity of local populations to help themselves in disasters;
● Support and sustain evidence-based research and open exchange of information and findings
RELIEF is intended to reflect and address the most complex challenges identified by those most directly engaged in disaster relief. Participation of field-experienced personnel is highly encouraged. The success of this event is defined by the active engagement of the individuals involved, identifying and addressing the most pressing issues facing the humanitarian assistance and disaster response community.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org