Our conference room (Rm. 263) is primarily for use of Library staff. However, under some circumstances it can also be made accessible to the following groups in priority order:
- Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) faculty and staff on official business
- NPS students when collaborative group study rooms are unavailable
- Visiting groups to NPS for official business
The room can be combined into one (occupancy is approximately 25) or divided into two separate rooms:
- 263A (occupancy is approximately 15) and
- 263B (occupancy =approximately 10).
Each room is equipped with:
- a white board (263A has two),
- projector and screen,
- conference phone.
There are connectors available for laptops (not provided) to use with the projector system as well. Directions for how to use the equipment are contained in binders available in each room.
If you are a non-library personnel wishing to have access to the conference rooms, contact the Library's Administration Office at (831) 656-2341 to check on availability and to schedule the room if the above requirements are met. Once scheduled, it is your responsibility to arrange for room access with the Administration Office and to set up a walk-through of how to use the equipment if needed.
The conference room will not normally be available for non-library personnel to use for regular (e.g., weekly) meetings or classes, or during key periods of the Academic Calendar (ex: first week of the Academic Quarter) when Library classes and briefings for students occur, but rather for occasional meetings when other facilities are not available. Our conference rooms are usually booked, and while we reserve them for people outside of the library for a short period of time, or occasionally one or two, days, we cannot support regular or recurring classes. Classes need to be schedule through the NPS Scheduler at (831) 656-3090.
- Rooms are for use by the groups shown above with priorities numbered 1-3.
- Groups should consist of at least two (2) people.
- Remove all personal items and conference/meeting materials from the room when it is vacated.