This policy addresses the potential removal of materials from any of the Dudley Knox Library’s publicly accessible collections.
Under certain circumstances, public access to materials may be terminated. Reasons for doing so include but are not limited to:
- Distribution is a clear violation of U.S. law (e.g., copyright law)
- Continued public distribution would constitute harm to national security
- Document contains information that has been deemed classified
- Document is barred, or contains information that is barred, from public distribution by the Naval Postgraduate School, the Department of Defense or another government organization
- Is published by the Naval Postgraduate School and does not meet the School’s guidelines for plagiarism, research methodology or integrity of research
- Document contains Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or other Privacy Act data, as determined by the NPS Director of Cybersecurity and Privacy/DON-CIO Privacy Team
- Resource no longer supports the research or educational mission of the Naval Postgraduate School
Materials falling into any of these categories may be brought to our attention to be considered for removal from public access by contacting the Library.