Background: The first NPS Innovation Seminar supported the CNO sponsored Leveraging the Undersea Environment war game in February 2009. Since that time, warfare innovation workshops have been requested by various sponsors to address self-propelled semi-submersibles, maritime irregular challenges, undersea weapons concepts and unmanned systems concepts generation. Participants in these workshops involved junior officers from NPS and the fleet, early career engineers from Navy laboratories, and CNO Strategic Studies Group (SSG) Director Fellows.
Purpose: Within a South China Sea A2AD environment generate concepts of employment for the distributed air wing concept, employing unmanned systems from various launch platforms in independent, and in coordination with traditional CVN/CVW assets. Consider modified LCS designs with greater offensive power to integrate with aviation assets.
Workshop Design: This NWDC/CRUSER WIW will take advantage of the innovation lessons learned in previous workshops and will be designed to include the following:
- Knowledge leveling briefs, followed by team break outs for two days of concept generation; and ending with a morning of final briefs to NWDC, the NPS Chair of Warfare Innovation, and CRUSER leadership.
- Workshop is open to all U.S. NPS students - all curriculums, all services.
- A special Robo-Ethics Continuing Education Series (RECES) panel discussion facilitated by NPS Defense Analysis Associate Professor Bradley Strawser.
Download the NWDC/CRUSER Warfare Innovation Workshop Fact Sheet for infomration.
CRUSER Warfare Innovation Workshop Video
- Monday, 23 SEPT
- Workshop - 0830-1600
- Robo-Ethics Continuing Education Series - 1300-1500
- Tuesday, 24 SEPT
- Wednesday, 25 SEPT
- Thurs, 26 SEPT
- Final Outbriefs - 0830-1200
To register, please contact Lyla Englehorn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
From Technical to Ethical...from Concept Generation to Experimentation...
The Naval Postgraduate School's Consortium for Robotics and Unmanned Systems Education and Research (CRUSER) provides a collaborative environment and community of interest for the advancement of unmanned systems education and research endeavors across the Navy, Marine Corps and Department of Defense.
- Receive CRUSER e-newsletters with updates on unmanned research
- Be invited to symposia related to your area of interest
- Participate in Unmanned Systems experimentation
- Aid in development of Concept Generation