From Technical to Ethical...from Concept Generation to Experimentation...
The Naval Postgraduate School's Consortium for Robotics and Unmanned Systems Education and Research (CRUSER) provides a collaborative environment and community of interest for the advancement of unmanned systems education and research endeavors across the Navy, Marine Corps and Department of Defense.
- CRUSER is a SECNAV initiative to build a community of interest on the application of unmanned systems in military and naval operations.
- CRUSER encompasses the successful research, education, and experimentation efforts in unmanned systems currently ongoing at NPS and across the naval enterprise.
- CRUSER is an inclusive community. Its intent is to include engineers working on extended battery life as well as those dealing with the cultural, ethical, political and societal issues related to unmanned systems. Controls, sensors, design, architectures, human capital resource requirements, concept generation, risk analysis and field experimentation are just a few interest points.
- In FY12 through FY13 major events will include Concept Generation workshops for a naval mission, technical symposia to address naval missions, and an at-sea experiment to test selected technologies. However, research and education will include a broader landscape than just mission areas.
Join the CRUSER Community of Interest
CRUSER Community of Interest Member Benefits:
- Receive CRUSER e-newsletters with updates on unmanned research
- Be invited to symposia related to your area of interest
- Participate in Unmanned Systems experimentation
- Aid in development of Concept Generation
More CRUSER information:
CRUSER Historical Events:
- Robo-Ethics: Rhetoric vs Reality - A Symposium for the Warfighter
25-26 January 2012, Washington DC
- CRUSER Technical Continuum
7-10 May 2012, Monterey, CA
- 2nd Annual Robots in the Roses
10 May 2012, 1400-1700, NPS Rose Garden & Roman Plunge, Monterey, CA
- FY13 Call for Proposals
- NWDC/CRUSER Warfare Innovation Workshop
17-20 Sept 2012, Monterey, CA
- NPS CRUSER Warfare Innovation Workshop
25-28 March 2013, Monterey, CA
- NPS CRUSER Technical Continuum & 3rd Annual Robts in the Roses Research Fair
9-11 April 2013, Monterey CA
Points of Contact: