Command Religious Program
Naval Support Activity Monterey
The Command Religious Program (CRP) is a multi-functional department of Naval Support Activity (NSA) Monterey through the following objectives.
1. Providing responsive advocacy of spiritual needs, ethical maturity, and moral resiliency to all we serve through counseling services, training evolutions, and worship opportunities.
2. Assist service members and their families in coping with military life and to enable them to accomplish their respective missions as moral warriors and virtuous citizens.
3. Care for NSA Monterey clientele and enhance their quality of life in good times and bad.
4. Be a responsive civic partner by building and nurturing effective relationships with agencies and communities outside of NSA Monterey by participating in public events.
5. Support and augment the teaching mission of Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) by teaching NS3903 (Ethics: Good in Theory) and NS3904 (Right Across Cultures: Comparative Ethics in the World's Religions and Philosophies) and leading Enrichment Week seminars tailored to meet the request of various centers, institutes, departments or schools of NSA Monterey.
Worship Services Schedule:
**ALL SERVICES WILL BE HELD IN THE NSA MONTEREY CHAPEL BLDG 300**
Sundays at 0900
Sundays at 1030
Combined fellowship on Sundays from 1000 to 1030.
Where do you wish to go from here?
Officer's Christian Fellowship (OCF) Information
To glorify God by uniting Christian officers for biblical fellowship and outreach, equipping and encouraging them to minister effectively in the military society.
Students interested in OCF information, please contact coordinator. OCF meets on Thursday's to fellowship with other believers, sing and share praises, and to study God’s word (the Bible).
Chaplain Care Website
Chapel Reservation Form
Catholics are required to make contact with the Catholic Priest at least three months prior to wedding. Catholics are also required to go through a marriage preparation program approved by the Military Archdiocese. Information is available at Catholic Marriage Prep Online and at Engaged Encounter.
Looking for a course next quarter?
This course will examine where the concept of something being right began and how it has evolved over the ages. Particular attention will be given to the religions and philosophies of various cultures and how they have influenced that society’s sense of what is right. We will explore the distinctiveness of the world’s major religions, and the cultures we are most likely deal with in the military, as well as the significance of fundamentalism in all religions. We will look at tools for planning, negotiation and meaningful dialogue in many settings.
Hanukkah began last night on the 1st of December and will go on until the 9th of December. People are interested in Hanukkah as the Christmas Season brings out an increased feeling of spirituality.
NPS Intranet acknowledged Ramadan but there has been no mention of the two High Holidays of Judaism: Rosh Hashanah, which has already passed and Yom Kippur which is on Friday-Saturday. Not a criticism just an observation.
CDR Louis Rosa
LCDR William Riley
Fr. Dominic-Joseph R. Castro
RP2(FMF) James Carnes