CAC Troubleshooting - Naval Research Program
CAC Authentication Error
Unable to authenticate using your CAC card. Only DoD CAC cards can be used to access this site.
- Please check that your CAC card is inserted and you are selecting the correct profile.
- Close your browser and all tabs and try again.
- Try using a different browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox)
- If you are connected to a VPN try disconnecting the VPN
If you do not see a prompt to select your CAC card and enter a PIN
If you are able to get to the non CAC authenticated portion of the site, but you are not getting the prompt to select your CAC card or are seeing an error like "Bad Request", then you are being blocked by your network.
Requesting a break and inspect bypass from your local IT help desk:
- Contact your IT help desk
- Tell them that you can access the website, but the CAC authentication is not working for you and you need a bypass for break and inspect.
- They may ask you for your public IP, which you can get by searching on Google "What is my ip" or use this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=What+is+my+IP.
- They may ask for the website information:
- Domain name: nps.edu (Commercial Domain)
- Website IP: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
If you continue to have NPS website website access and/or CAC authentication issues and your have contacted your IT Help Desk, you can contact the NPS IT Help (email@example.com) and include:
- Approximate time of your last access attempt
- Browser(s) you are using
- Network you are connected to, e,g, NMCI, MCEN, etc.
- Any error messages you have received (screenshots are very helpful)
- Your public IP address (to get your public IP address type "what is my ip" into Google or use this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=What+is+my+IP).