NPS - Faculty Profiles - Heading
Alan Everett Nelson
Graduate School of Defense Management
Alan E. Nelson teaches leadership, org change, human performance and motivation, communication for managers and OB as an adjunct professor at USC Marshall School of Business and as a Lecturer of Management at the Naval Postgraduate School. His primary research interest the last decade focuses on identifying and developing students gifted in organizational leadership, between ages 3-18. He’s the founder of KidLead Inc. (501.c.3) and LeadYoung Institute and has written a number of books and articles in the professional and popular arena, related to these topics.
EdD - University of California-San Diego 1994Major: Leadership
- 2016 - 2017 Los Angeles Chair, Institute for Management Studies
- 2009 - 2019 President, KidLead
- 2009 - 2019 President, Lead/Young Training Systems
Leadership, Organization Change, Human Performance and Motivation, Managerial Communications
- Distinguished Performance, Los Alamos National Laboratory Small Project
- Pride @ Boeing
- Book Chapter
- Gibbons, D. E., Nelson, A. E., & Suchan, J. E, (2017). Integrating Men and Women within Naval Special Warfare Combat Teams. Special Operations Forces in the 21st Century: Perspectives from the Social Sciences
- Research Report
- Gibbons, D. E., & Nelson, A. E, (2015). In Their Voices: Integrating Men and Women within Naval Special Warfare Teams.