NPS - Faculty Profiles - Heading
David N Ford
Research Associate Professor
Graduate School of Defense Management
Phone: (831) 656-2257
PhD - Massachusetts Institute of Technology 1995
- 2015 Professor, Texas A&M University
Technology investments, managerial real options, disaster recovery
Program and project dynamics, engineering project control
- Conference Proceeding
- Ford, D. N, The application of System Dynamics to the Management of the DoN Acquisition Workforce.
- Ford, D. N., & Dillard, J. T, (2018). Crossing the Technology Valley of Death: The Case of the MDUSV.
- Ford, D. N., Housel, T. J., & Mun, J. C, (2017). Shrinking the “Mountain of Metal”: The Potential of Three Advanced Technologies.
- Ford, D. N., Housel, T. J., Hom, S., & Mun, J. C, (2016). Benchmarking Naval Shipbuilding with 3D Laser Scanning, Additive Manufacturing, and Product Lifecycle Management. Monterey, CA USA: NPS.
- Housel, T. J., Mun, J. C., Ford, D. N., & Hom, S, (2016). Make or Buy: An Analysis of the Impacts of 3D Printing Operations, 3D Laser Scanning Technology, and Collaborative Product Lifecycle Management on Ship Maintenance and Modernization Cost Savings. Naval Postgraduate School Monterey United States.
- Housel, T. J., Mun, J. C., Ford, D. N., Hom, S., Harris, D., & Cornachio, M, (2016). Measuring the Return on Investment and Real Option Value of Weather Sensor Bundles for Air Force Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Naval Postgraduate School Monterey United States.
- Journal Article
- Ford, D. N, Causes of Delays in the Construction Phase of Chinese of Building Projects. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, .
- Ford, D. N, Impact of Labor Controls on Tipping Point Dynamics in Large Complex Projects. Systems Research and Behavioral Science, .
- Ford, D. N., & Keith, B, (2017). Considerations in managing the fill rate of the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Reservoir using a system dynamics approach. Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology, 1(14), 33-43.
- Research Report
- Angelis, D. I., Ford, D. N., & Dillard, J. T, (2015). Real Options in Military System Acquisition: The Case Study of Technology Development for the Kingfish Unmanned Underwater Vehicle.
- Oral Presentation
- Ford, D. N., Acquisition Research Symposium, "Benchmarking Naval Shipbuilding with 3D Laser Scanning, Additive Manufacturing, and Product Lifecycle Management," NPS, Embassy Hotel, CA, United States. (May 10, 2016).