NPS - Faculty Profiles - Heading
Back to Search
Edward Michael Corrado
Associate University Librarian
Phone: (831) 656-2975
Edward M. Corrado is Associate University Librarian at the Naval Postgraduate School. He is a librarian, administrator, academic, and information technology expert who co-authored the book Digital Preservation for Libraries, Archives, and Museums (Rowman & Littlefield, 2017), now in its second edition. He has published articles and presented nationally and internationally on various topics including digital preservation, cloud computing, open-source software, metadata, and emerging technologies in libraries. He previously worked as the Associate Dean of Library Technology Planning and Policy at the University of Alabama and the Director of Library Technology at Binghamton University.
digital preservation, data curation, open source software, metadata, reproducibility of research, bibliometrics
- Corrado, E. M, (2017). Digital Preservation for Libraries, Archives, and Museums (2nd edition) Lanham, Md. United States: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Conference Proceeding
- Corrado, E. M, (2016). Digital Preservation of Audiovisual-Based Materials: The State of the Art. Society for Imaging Science & Technology.
- Journal Article
- Corrado, E. M, (2019). Software Preservation: An Introduction to Issues and Challenges. Technical Services Quarterly, 2(36), 177-189.
- Corrado, E. M, (2019). Repositories, Trust, and the CoreTrustSeal. Technical Services Quarterly, 1(36), 61-72.
- Corrado, E. M, (2018). Nullis in Verba: The Free Software Movement as a model for Openness and Transparency. Technical Services Quarterly, 3(35), 269-279.
- Corrado, E. M, (2018). Nullis in Verba: Advancing Research through Transparency and Openness. International Information & Library Review, 2(50), 157-162.
- Corrado, E. M, (2018). Discovery Products and the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting. International Information & Library Review, , 1-7.
- Corrado, E. M, (2018). Bringing Content into the Picture: Proposing a Tri-Partite Model for Digital Preservation. Journal of Library Administration, 1(58), 1-17.
- Corrado, E. M, (2017). Access's Unsung Hero: The [Impending] Rise of Embedded Metadata. International Information & Library Review, 2(49), 124-130.
- Corrado, E. M, (2017). Personal digital archiving: an analysis of URLs in the .edu domain. Library Hi Tech, 1(35), 40-52.
- Keynote/Plenary Address
- Corrado, E. M. (Presenter), Images: Digitization and Preservation of Special Collections in Libraries, Museums, and Archive (NISO Virtual Conference), "Establishing the Landscape," National Information Standards Organization (NISO), Virtual. (June 14, 2017).
- Oral Presentation
- Corrado, E. M. (Presenter), Corporation for Education Network Initiatives in California (CENIC) 2018 conference, "Network-enabled digital preservation," Corporation for Education Network Initiatives in California (CENIC), Hyatt Regency Monterey, CA, United States. (March 5, 2018).
- Corrado, E. M. (Panelist), 80th Annual Meeting of the Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T), "Making a case for open research: Implications for reproducibility and transparency," Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T), Hyatt Regency Crystal City, VA, United States. (October 31, 2017).