NPS - Faculty Profiles - Heading
Faculty Associate - Research
Energy Academic Group
Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Kristen Fletcher is Faculty Associate-Research in the Energy Academic Group at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. Fletcher has over 22 years of experience in environmental, ocean and coastal law and policy. Her research focuses on climate and national security including environmental security, resilience, and energy. She also is active in the field of law and policy related to autonomous systems and artificial intelligence.
Law and policy analysis on climate change and national security, coastal and marine renewable energy, coastal and marine spatial planning, and autonomous systems
Ocean and Coastal Law, Climate Change Law and Policy
- (2021). China’s Role in Arctic Affairs.
- Fletcher, K, (2021). 2020 Proves Pivotal Year for Energy Security & Climate.
- Fletcher, K, (2021). Energy Highlighted at STAR-TIDES Technology Demo.
- (2020). Public-Public Partnerships Reveal Best Practices for Incorporating Climate and Energy Resilience into Master Plans.
- (2020). Operations and Communications Remain Challenges in Arctic.
- Fletcher, K, (2020). Ocean Mapping a U.S. Priority.