NPS - Faculty Profiles - Heading
Neil C Rowe
Graduate School of Operational and Information Sciences
Phone: (831) 656-2462
Neil C. Rowe is Professor of Computer Science at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School where he has been since 1983. He has a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University (1983) and three degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His main research interests are in data mining, digital forensics, modeling of deception, and cyberwarfare. He has also worked on text processing, computational geometry, and intelligent tutoring systems.
applied artificial intelligence
artificial intelligence, information security, data mining
- Book Chapters
- Rowe, N. C, (2020). Current Privacy Concerns with Digital Forensics. Hershey, Pennsylvania United States: IGI Global.
- Rowe, N. C, (2019). Honeypot deception tactics. Chaum Switzerland: Springer.
- Rowe, N. C, (2017). Challenges of civilian distinction in cyberwarfare. New York, NY US: Springer.
- Rowe, N. C., & Rrushi, J, (2016). Introduction to Cyberdeception. Switzerland: Springer.
- Conference Proceedings
- Rowe, N. C., Nguyen, T. D., Kendrick, M., Rucker, Z., Hyun, D., & Brown, J. C, (2020). Creating Effective Industrial-Control-System Honeypots.
- Rowe, N. C., & Knight, C. E, (2019). Case-Based Reasoning for Summarizing Simulation Results.
- Rowe, N. C., Allen, B. D., Zhou, J., Flores, A., & Das, A, (2019). Distributed combat identification of interesting aircraft.
- Wanic, E. E., & Rowe, N. C, (2018). Assessing deterrence options for cyber weapons.
- Dean, J. S., & Rowe, N. C, (2018). Utility of user roles in comparing network flow behaviors.
- Rowe, N. C, (2018). Finding correlations between ship positions.
- Hall, C. G., & Rowe, N. C, (2018). Options for persistence of cyberweapons.
- Rowe, N. C, (2018). Associating drives based on their artifact and metadata distributions.
- Rowe, N. C, (2017). Finding and rating personal names on drives for forensic needs.
- Journal Articles
- Leopard, C. B., Rowe, N. C., & McCarrin, M. R, (2018). Testing memory forensics tools for the Macintosh OS X operating system. Journal of Digital Forensics, Security, and Law, 1(13), 31-42.
- Rowe, N. C, (2018). A taxonomy of norms in cyberconflict for government policymakers. Journal of Information Warfare, 1(17), 31-48.
- Park, J. M., Rowe, N. C., & Cisneros, M, (2016). South Korea's options in responding to North Korean cyberattacks. Journal of Information Warfare, 4(15), 86-99.
- Rowe, N. C., SChwamm, R., McCarrin, M., & Gera, R, (2016). Making sense of email addresses on drives. Journal of Digital Forensics, Security, and Law, 2(11).