FAQs - CIVINS (Civilian Institutions)
Frequently Asked Questions
- You need to submit your EFT Information Sheet to the office immediately. Do not wait until beginning instruction.
- Your Educational Plan (EP) must be completed and submitted to the office NLT 30 days after commencing instruction. Tuition invoices cannot be paid without a current approved EP on file.
- You must apply for all in-state tuition and medical insurance waivers at your university.
Answer: CIVINS students are eligible to recoup the following fees:
- Up to 3 application fees to universities
- 3 official transcript request fees ISO of applications to universities
- Graduation and thesis fees charged by the university (if not included on the tuition invoice)
- The cost of a final official transcript to the CIVINS Office at NPS.
- If your university requires a tuition seat deposit you may be reimbursed only if the university applied the deposit towards your tuition charges.
- Law Education Program Students (LEP) are authorized reimbursement for the BarBri Review course.
Civilian Institutions Office (Code 522)
Naval Postgraduate School
1 University Circle, Herrmann Hall Rm HE046
Monterey, CA 93943-5033