Circadian-Based Watchbills - Crew Endurance
Traditional USN watchbills ignored the vital role of circadian rhythms in human performance.
This effort is designing, implementing and assessing innovative watchbills that support human circadian rhythms and is testing these out in operational environments.
- Current Status: Significant progress made on DDGs and CGs. Collected data during 19-day underway on amphib (LSD 48). Analysis is ongoing.
- Planned: Collect data on submarines and PCs. Develop fleet-wide survey to assess policy compliance and watchbill efficacy.
View more projects
Request a Consultation
The Crew Endurance Team is available for the following missions support services:
- Help in structuring work and rest schedules both underway and in port
- Education and training to promote healthy sleep habits for leadership and individual Sailors
- Evaluation of your current watchbill
- Assessment of new watchbills prior to implementation
- Measuring fatigue levels for you and your crew
- Uncovering sleep-related habitability issues that contribute to poor sleep