Sleep and Crew Endurance Training - Crew Endurance
Sleep and Crew Endurance Training
The Surface Navy issued a force-wide directive mandating use of circadian-based watchbills while underway (COMNAVSURFOR, P200042Z SEP 17). To successfully implement the policy, Commands can benefit from training to resolve constraints such as crew size, number of qualified watchstanders, and mission requirements. The training emphasizes sleep management and circadian best practices that have proven to be successful and is built on the extensive operational research conducted by NPS.
- Current Status: Significant progress made. First delivery to SWOS and Recruit Training Command in November 2019.
- Planned: Work on train the trainer materials and integrate into updated Crew Endurance website.
View more projects
Request a Consultation
The Crew Endurance Team is available for the following missions support services:
- Help in structuring work and rest schedules both underway and in port
- Education and training to promote healthy sleep habits for leadership and individual Sailors
- Evaluation of your current watchbill
- Assessment of new watchbills prior to implementation
- Measuring fatigue levels for you and your crew
- Uncovering sleep-related habitability issues that contribute to poor sleep