Warren Yu - Data Sciences
METOC Analytic Capabilities
1. Coordinate with FNMOC to identify authoritative METOC data sources and related formats.
2. Identify existing METOC entity models and metadata tag constructs currently in use and connect those model and tag owners with the ONR Naval Tactical Cloud team to identify potential synergies for adaptation to a cloud-based architecture.
3. Identify synergies and new approaches that will enable data fusion in support of new METOC analytics and identify other stakeholders who can contribute to analytic tool development via a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach.
4. Develop an executable concept, definition of stakeholder roles, and articulation of an overarching, multi-disciplinary process to govern development of new METOC analytic capabilities and
5. Capture lessons learned on the organizational and technical aspects and challenges related to standing up this new capability and make recommendations on how to overcome impediments from organizational, technical, and policy related factors. .