Working Papers - Defense Resources Management Institute
Working Papers, Journal Articles (in preparation or submitted)
Armey, L. E., Beeson Garcia, R. Performance of Enlisted Immigrants in the U.S. Military.
Armey, L. E., Lipow, J. Fighting to Learn: Afghanistan and Veteran Interest in Higher Education.
Beeson Garcia, R. Planning Processes and Cluster Management in Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Relief Operations.
Beeson Garcia, R., Gooch, E. Demographics, Economic Growth, and Relative Deprivation in China.
Garcia, R. J.B. National Service as Political Socialization: The Effect of Mandatory National Service on Political Predisposition.
Garcia, R. J.B. Drafting Foreign Policy: Conscription and Dispute Initiation.
Gooch, E., Martinez-Vazquez, J., Yedgenov, B. (2021). The Role of Historical Malaria in Institutions and Contemporary Economic Development. International Center for Public Policy, Georgia State University, Working Paper 21-01.
Lipow, J., Beeson Garcia, R. Village Stability Operations: Adaptability and Viability in the Congo.
Nadella, V. K., Webeck, S. P. Should I Stay or Should I Go: Veteran Status and the Determinants of Turnover Intention.
Webeck, S. P. The Performance Information Processing Framework: Four cognitive models of performance information use.
Webeck, S. P. The Role of Negative Information in Bureaucratic Decision Making: Understanding the interplay of framing, bias, and benchmarks.
Excise Taxes, Consumer Demand, Over-Shifting, and Tax Revenue
By Donald Dutkowsky and Ryan Sullivan
The Long Term Effects of an Aging Fleet on Operational Availability and Cost: Evidence from the U.S. Coast Guard
By Christopher Lavin, Robert McNab, and Ryan Sullivan
- Reducing Risks in Wartime Through Capitol-Labor Substitution: Evidence from World War II
Chris Rohlfs, Ryan S. Sullivan and Thomas J. Kniesner
- Evaluating the Tradeoffs Between Dollars Spent and Lives Saved in Military Settings
Thomas J. Kniesner, John D. Leeth, and Ryan S. Sullivan
- Decentralization and the Composition of Public Expenditures
F. Javier Arze del Granado, Jorge Martinez-Vazquez and Robert M. McNab
- The Effect of Cigarette Taxation on Prices: An Empirical Analysis using Local-Level Data
Ryan S. Sullivan
- Community Water System Regionalization and Stakeholder Implications: Estimating Effects to Consumers and Purveyors
Jason K. Hansen
- On the Economics of Optimal Urban Groundwater Management in the Desert Southwest
Jason K. Hansen
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Armored Tactical Wheeled Vehicles for Overseas U.S. Army Operations
Chris Rohlfs and Ryan Sullivan
- The Trouble With Risk Matrices
Kent D. Wall
- The Kaplan and Garrick Definition of Risk and its Application to Managerial Decision Problems
Kent D. Wall
- US Jordan Bilateral Relations
- Strategic Public Investments to Manage Corruption Risks
- Strategy at the Crossroads: The Case of the Navy Hospital Ships
Natalie Webb and Anke Richter
- Testing for Stationarity Using Covariates: An Application to Purchasing Power Parity
- Health Costs of the Iraq and Afghan Wars: Short- and Long-Term Impact on US Veterans Health Care
Jomana Amara and Ann Hendricks
- Diagnosing performance management and performance budgeting systems: A case study of the U.S. Navy
Natalie J Webb and Philip J Candreva
- The Impact of Accession on Military Expenditure Trends for New NATO Members
Jomana Amara and Martins Paskevics
- Offsets and Defense Procurement in Czech Republic: A Case Study
Jomana Amara and Petr Pargac
- The Economic Evaluation of Alternatives
- Scale Invariance with Specific Application to IED Violence in Iraq 2003-2007
Jomana Amara and Robert Mcnab
- A Brinkmanship Game Theory Model of Terrorism
- Are We Driving Strategic Results or Metric Mania?
William Casey, Wendi Peck, Natalie Webb and Phil Quast
- Reconstruction, the Long-Tail, and Decentralization
Robert M. McNab and Edward Mason
- Assessment of Public Health Infrastructure to Determine Public Health Preparedness
Denise Santiago Anke Richter
- A Review and Update of Public Budgeting in Defense: Leveraging a New Management Model for Government
Francois Melese, Christopher Appleby, Bob Larsen
- NATO Defense Expenditures: Common Goals or Diverging Interests? A Structural Analysis
- Public Evacuation Decisions and Hurricane Track Uncertainty
- Military Industrialization and Economic Development: Jordan's Defense Industry
- Human Capital, Natural Resource Scarcity and the Rwandan Genocide
Robert M. McNab and Abdul Latif Mohamed
- An Economic Assessment of Solar PV Systems
Jim Airola and David Bergeron
- On the Use of Remittance Income in Mexico
- Fiscal Decentralization, Macrostability and Growth
Jorge Martinez-Vazquez and Robert M. McNab
- Assessing the Impact of Global Price Interdependencies in a Global Pricing Strategy
- Navy Nurse Corps Manpower Management Model
LCDR Daniel P. Kinstler, LCDR Raymond W. Johnson, Anke Richter, PhD; Kathryn Kocher, PhD
- Workplace Drug Prevention Programs: Does Zero Tolerance Work?
Stephen Mehay and Natalie J. Webb
- Labor Supply in Response to Remittance Income: The Case of Mexico
- Evaluating Executive Performance in the Public Sector
Natalie J. Webb and James S. Blandin
- Does Decentralization Influence the Functional Composition of Public Expenditures?
F. Javier Arze del Granado,Jorge Martinez-Vazquez and Robert M. McNab
- Evaluating NATO Long Run Defense Burdens Using Unit Root Tests
- Corruption, Investment and Growth in Developing Countries
Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, Robert M. McNab and Stephen S. Everhart
- Latin America and the Debate Over Environmental Protection and National Security
Robert M. McNab and Kathleen S. Bailey
- A New Guide to Government's "Make-or-Buy?" Decisions: Leveraging Transaction Cost Economics (TCE)
Francois Melese and Raymond E. Frank
- Are Errors in Official U.S. Budget Receipts Forecasts Just Noise?
Rober M. McNab, Mark Rider and Kent D. Wall