Working Papers and Technical Reports - Defense Resources Management Institute
Working papers and technical reports
- Melese, F. Benefits and Risks of Military Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs), NATO Building Integrity Compendium of Best Practices.
- Beeson Garcia, R. Planning Processes and Cluster Management in Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Relief Operations.
- Beeson Garcia, R., Gooch, E. Demographics, Economic Growth, and Relative Deprivation in China.
- Garcia, R. J.B. National Service as Political Socialization: The Effect of Mandatory National Service on Political Predisposition.
- Garcia, R. J.B. Drafting Foreign Policy: Conscription and Dispute Initiation.
- Gooch, E., Martinez-Vazquez, J., Yedgenov, B. (2021). The Role of Historical Malaria in Institutions and Contemporary Economic Development. International Center for Public Policy, Georgia State University, Working Paper 21-01.
- Lipow, J., Beeson Garcia, R. Village Stability Operations: Adaptability and Viability in the Congo.
- Nadella, V. K., Webeck, S. P. Should I Stay or Should I Go: Veteran Status and the Determinants of Turnover Intention.
- Webeck, S. P. The Performance Information Processing Framework: Four cognitive models of performance information use.
- Webeck, S. P. The Role of Negative Information in Bureaucratic Decision Making: Understanding the interplay of framing, bias, and benchmarks.
Excise Taxes, Consumer Demand, Over-Shifting, and Tax Revenue
By Donald Dutkowsky and Ryan Sullivan
The Long Term Effects of an Aging Fleet on Operational Availability and Cost: Evidence from the U.S. Coast Guard
By Christopher Lavin, Robert McNab, and Ryan Sullivan
- Reducing Risks in Wartime Through Capitol-Labor Substitution: Evidence from World War II
Chris Rohlfs, Ryan S. Sullivan and Thomas J. Kniesner
- Evaluating the Tradeoffs Between Dollars Spent and Lives Saved in Military Settings
Thomas J. Kniesner, John D. Leeth, and Ryan S. Sullivan
- Decentralization and the Composition of Public Expenditures
F. Javier Arze del Granado, Jorge Martinez-Vazquez and Robert M. McNab
- The Effect of Cigarette Taxation on Prices: An Empirical Analysis using Local-Level Data
Ryan S. Sullivan
- Community Water System Regionalization and Stakeholder Implications: Estimating Effects to Consumers and Purveyors
Jason K. Hansen
- On the Economics of Optimal Urban Groundwater Management in the Desert Southwest
Jason K. Hansen
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Armored Tactical Wheeled Vehicles for Overseas U.S. Army Operations
Chris Rohlfs and Ryan Sullivan
- The Trouble With Risk Matrices
Kent D. Wall
- The Kaplan and Garrick Definition of Risk and its Application to Managerial Decision Problems
Kent D. Wall
- US Jordan Bilateral Relations
- Strategic Public Investments to Manage Corruption Risks
- Strategy at the Crossroads: The Case of the Navy Hospital Ships
Natalie Webb and Anke Richter
- Testing for Stationarity Using Covariates: An Application to Purchasing Power Parity
- Health Costs of the Iraq and Afghan Wars: Short- and Long-Term Impact on US Veterans Health Care
Jomana Amara and Ann Hendricks
- Diagnosing performance management and performance budgeting systems: A case study of the U.S. Navy
Natalie J Webb and Philip J Candreva
- The Impact of Accession on Military Expenditure Trends for New NATO Members
Jomana Amara and Martins Paskevics
- Offsets and Defense Procurement in Czech Republic: A Case Study
Jomana Amara and Petr Pargac
- The Economic Evaluation of Alternatives
- Scale Invariance with Specific Application to IED Violence in Iraq 2003-2007
Jomana Amara and Robert Mcnab
- A Brinkmanship Game Theory Model of Terrorism
- Are We Driving Strategic Results or Metric Mania?
William Casey, Wendi Peck, Natalie Webb and Phil Quast
- Reconstruction, the Long-Tail, and Decentralization
Robert M. McNab and Edward Mason
- Assessment of Public Health Infrastructure to Determine Public Health Preparedness
Denise Santiago Anke Richter
- A Review and Update of Public Budgeting in Defense: Leveraging a New Management Model for Government
Francois Melese, Christopher Appleby, Bob Larsen
- NATO Defense Expenditures: Common Goals or Diverging Interests? A Structural Analysis
- Public Evacuation Decisions and Hurricane Track Uncertainty
- Military Industrialization and Economic Development: Jordan's Defense Industry
- Human Capital, Natural Resource Scarcity and the Rwandan Genocide
Robert M. McNab and Abdul Latif Mohamed
- An Economic Assessment of Solar PV Systems
Jim Airola and David Bergeron
- On the Use of Remittance Income in Mexico
- Fiscal Decentralization, Macrostability and Growth
Jorge Martinez-Vazquez and Robert M. McNab
- Assessing the Impact of Global Price Interdependencies in a Global Pricing Strategy
- Navy Nurse Corps Manpower Management Model
LCDR Daniel P. Kinstler, LCDR Raymond W. Johnson, Anke Richter, PhD; Kathryn Kocher, PhD
- Workplace Drug Prevention Programs: Does Zero Tolerance Work?
Stephen Mehay and Natalie J. Webb
- Labor Supply in Response to Remittance Income: The Case of Mexico
- Evaluating Executive Performance in the Public Sector
Natalie J. Webb and James S. Blandin
- Does Decentralization Influence the Functional Composition of Public Expenditures?
F. Javier Arze del Granado,Jorge Martinez-Vazquez and Robert M. McNab
- Evaluating NATO Long Run Defense Burdens Using Unit Root Tests
- Corruption, Investment and Growth in Developing Countries
Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, Robert M. McNab and Stephen S. Everhart
- Latin America and the Debate Over Environmental Protection and National Security
Robert M. McNab and Kathleen S. Bailey
- A New Guide to Government's "Make-or-Buy?" Decisions: Leveraging Transaction Cost Economics (TCE)
Francois Melese and Raymond E. Frank
- Are Errors in Official U.S. Budget Receipts Forecasts Just Noise?
Rober M. McNab, Mark Rider and Kent D. Wall