COVID-19 Guidelines - Field Experimentation
JIFX COVID-19 Guidelines
We have always prioritized the safety of our participants, and in these uncertain times, this is no different. That’s why we are practicing and enforcing best practices in the midst of COVID-19. Please read through this page in its entirety to understand the precautions that will be in place during the event:
First off, if you or someone you live with are sick (shortness of breath, fever/chills, cough, headache, sore throat, or myalgia), please do not attend the event. We are happy to postpone any experiments to a future event if necessary.
At McMillan Airfield, Camp Roberts:
- Fully Vaccinated personnel must wear a face covering while indoors at all times.
- Unvaccinated personnel must wear a N95 mask or a mask that meets NIOSH-approved standards at all times.
At the Sea, Land, Air Military Research (SLAMR) Facility, Naval Postgraduate School:
- All participants (vaccinated and unvaccinated) must wear a mask in all indoor spaces.
- Unvaccinated participants must also wear a mask outdoors if 6-feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
At both the McMillan and SLAMR sites:
- To verify vaccination status all participants are required during registration to physically show a Department of Defense Form 3150 “COVID Certificate of Vaccination.” Please bring a completed paper copy with you.
- If a participant is not vaccinated or declines to respond they are required to present proof of not having the virus by showing the results from an FDA Approved Test for COVID19 dated within 72 hours of arriving at the event.
- NOTE: The JIFX team will check these documents but not collect. Participants will maintain their own documentation
- Under current guidelines we will be restricted to having no more than 15 people in a single location simultaneously. That means no more than 15 participants in any single building or outdoors within a 10 yard radius.
The definition of fully vaccinated may be found online here.
Face Coverings must fit snugly against the side of the face and be from the top of the nose to chin. Face coverings must be secured with ties or ear loops (no buffs or neck gaiters allowed).
We will have an extremely limited number of masks on hand at the event. It is each participants responsibility to bring their own appropriate masks to the event.
- California Military Department Memorandum for State Active Duty (SAD) Service Members and State Civil Service (SCS) Employees of the California Military Department
- California Military Department Memorandum for Service Members and Employees of the California Military Department
- NPS Coronavirus Safety Guidance