How to Apply: Civilians
STEP 1: Complete the NPS EMBA application online. Select curriculum number 807.
STEP 2: Send your official, sealed transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate schools to:
Director of Admissions (Official Transcripts)
Naval Postgraduate School
589 Dyer Road, Root Hall Room 100
Monterey, CA 93943-5100
STEP 3: Prepare supporting documents:
- Complete the Applicant Letter. Sample Applicant Letter (PDF)
- Secure a signed letter of EMBA enrollment support from your Commanding Officer. Note: The EMBA program requires one day of release time per week to attend classes. Sample Command Endorsement Letter (PDF). FM&C applicants within select 500 job series (501, 505, 510 & 511) should refer to Call for Applications (PDF) to support their application.
- Secure a Participation Agreement (PDF) from your supervisor. We recommend routing it with your Endorsement Letter for signature.
- Civilian applicants should refer to the EMBA Tuition Letter (PDF) for program costs and payment schedule.
STEP 4: Submit STEP 3 supporting documents.
- Submit signed Endorsement Letter and Applicant Letter to the EMBA program office via email attachments (PDF preferred) email@example.com or FAX packet to 831-656-3630.
- Submit a signed PDF copy of the Participation Agreement to the NPS Admissions Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 831-656-2891.