How to Apply: Military
STEP 1: Contact your detailer to make certain you will be stationed at your duty location for the entire 24-month program.
STEP 2: Complete the NPS EMBA application online. Select curriculum number 805.
STEP 3: Send your official, sealed transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate schools to:
Director of Admissions (Official Transcripts)
Naval Postgraduate School
589 Dyer Road, Root Hall Room 100
Monterey, CA 93943-5100
STEP 4: Prepare supporting documents:
- Complete the Applicant Letter. Sample Applicant Letter (PDF)
- Secure a letter of EMBA enrollment support from your Commanding Officer. Note: The EMBA program requires one day of release time per week to attend classes. Sample Command Endorsement Letter (PDF). Naval Military applicants should refer to NAVADMIN (PDF) or MARADMIN (PDF) to support their application.
- Secure a Participation Agreement (PDF) from your supervisor. We recommend routing it with your Endorsement Letter for signature.
STEP 5: Submit STEP 4 supporting documents.
- Submit signed Endorsement Letter and Applicant Letter to the EMBA program office via email attachments (PDF preferred) email@example.com or FAX packet to 831-656-3630.
- Submit a signed PDF copy of the Participation Agreement to the NPS Admissions Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 831-656-2891.