MSPM - Graduate School of Defense Management
Master of Science in Program Management (MSPM)
Providing advanced education in the concepts, methodologies and analytical techniques necessary for successful management of programs/projects within complex organizations
The MSPM curriculum provides an advanced education focusing on critical thinking skills necessary for successfully developing warfighting capability within the complex DoD weapon system acquisition process. The MSPM is a 24-month, part-time, distance learning program open to qualified uniformed officers, DoD civilians, Government employees, and a limited number of DoD contractors. The MSPM degree also provides DAU PM Level II equivalency. Note: DAU changes made after the establishment of the MSPM program for an academic cohort will be reviewed and accommodated if and where feasible.
MSPM program goals are to provide:
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to lead and manage more effectively
- A curriculum focused on problem-solving and decision-making within the program management environment using case studies, team exercises, hands-on applications, active participation and other similar activities
Open to all qualified active duty military officers, federal employees and a limited number of DoD contractors. No prior project management experience required for admission.
Requirements for Entry
Baccalaureate degree with minimum GPA of 2.20 is required. Completion of at least one semester of college algebra or trigonometry is considered to be the minimum mathematical preparation.
Eight quarters with two courses per quarter
Master of Science in Program Management
Requirements for Degree
- Completion of a minimum of 48 credit hours of graduate-level courses, at least 12 which are at the 4000 level;
- Completion of an approved Joint Applied Project with at least one advisor from NPS
Curriculum Lineup (PDF)
Each course meets once a week, approximately 3 hours per day, depending upon course units.
Director, Acquisition Career Management (DACM) in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology).
Program Administrator: email@example.com, (831) 656-2091 (general program information)
Academic Associate: Raymond D. Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org (academics, curricula, validating courses, DAU equivalencies)
Program Manager: Christina Hart, Ph.D., email@example.com (finances, tuition, sponsors)
Master of Science in Program Management commencing 07 July 2020
Call for Applications (PDF): Cohort 836-204
Tuition Letter (PDF)
Applications are now being accepted. If interested, please complete these two steps as soon as possible.
- Complete the NPS admission request via the online NPS Application Management System.
Select program 836, academic year 2020, quarter 4
- Request official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended to be sent to the following address:
Director of Admissions (Official Transcripts)
Naval Postgraduate School
589 Dyer Road, Root Hall Room 100
Monterey, CA 93943-5100Naval Postgraduate School
(831) 656-3093-5100 or DSN 756-3093