Telework - Human Resources Office
Telework is a work arrangement that allows an employee to perform work, during any part of regular, paid hours, at an approved alternative worksite (e.g., home, telework center). Telework arrangements must be re-accomplished every two years, or whenever there is a change in supervisor, position, job duties, or alternate work site. In accordance with DOD policy, all teleworking employees must have an active, approved telework agreement in place prior to teleworking. Under local policy, all telework agreements must be documented in TWMS.
Ready to apply for telework? Complete the following steps:
1. View your position telework eligibility in My Biz+
2. Set up a meeting to discuss your telework eligibility with your supervisor - agree on frequency and schedule and discuss expectations for communication. Remember that telework is a privilege, not a right - your supervisor may not approve your telework request. Supervisors may adjust an employee's telework eligibility in My Biz+. Instructions are available here. Please note: Employees cannot submit TWMS telework requests until the employee's telework eligibility has been determined in My Biz+ by the supervisor.
3. If approved, complete the following steps:
i. Complete DON telework training and Annual PII/Privacy Training available in TWMS. TWMS telework training instructions are available here. Remember to save your completion certificates.
ii. Submit telework request to supervisor via TWMS Telework Request Tool. Instructions on how to submit a TWMS telework request and access an agreement are available here. Supervisor instructions on how to access a TWMS telework request are available here.
4. Get started with telework!
i. Telework must be accurately reflected on your Time & Attendance. Check the EHZ box in SLDCADA to annotate the appropriate code. There are three different codes for Telework: TW (Regular/Recurring ), TS (Situational), and TM (Medical - to be used in rare cases and in coordination with HRO).
For questions regarding Telework check out the resources below, or contact Employee Relations.
NOTE: All full-time remote arrangements must be approved by the NPS President. Full-time remote arrangements in another locality will result in a change in locality pay. Requests for full-time remote telework must be made in writing through the HRO by the employee's supervisor and should be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the effective date of the agreement.
- Current Employees: Supervisors who would like to request full-time remote telework must provide this memo to the telework manager for processing. Please note, the red font in the memo template indicates areas that need input and should be removed prior to submission.
- Prospective Employees: Hiring managers who would like to request full-time remote telework for prospective hires must provide this memo to the telework manager for processing. Please note, the red font in the memo template indicates areas that need input and should be removed prior to submission.