SPANISH- Principles of Defense Acquisition and Contract Management: MASL P179623 - International Defense Acquisition Resource Management Program
SPANISH- Principles of Defense Acquisition and Contract Management:
IDARM offers a two-week Spanish “Principles of Defense Acquisition and Contract Management” course at the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California every summer. Scheduled course dates are as follows:
7-18 June, 2021
This course will be taught with simultaneous Spanish/English interpretation and provides a practical examination of defense acquisition and contract management with an emphasis on acquisition planning, contract management, negotiation of defense contracts, and building and sustaining accountability in defense acquisition decision making. The course addresses the importance of managing risk throughout the defense acquisition life cycle with a focus on the pre-contract award phase during week one and the post-contract award phase during week two. International best practices and global trends are discussed with a tailored focus on specific challenges and opportunities within the Latin American context. At the end of this course, participants will have developed a better understanding of the fundamental concepts and challenges associated with national and global defense acquisition and contract management. Course materials will be provided in both English and Spanish.
- Provide course participants with an understanding of the fundamental concepts and challenges associated with defense acquisition and contract management decision making.
- Examine capabilities based requirements planning along with the relationship among national security and military strategies and the defense acquisition, procurement and contracting systems.
- Examine competition and sourcing methodologies with a focus on the characteristics of efficient and effective acquisition and contract management policies.
- Assist countries in their efforts to develop and institutionalize transparent, efficient and effective defense acquisition and contract management systems.
- Acquisition & Procurement Planning
- Risk Management
- Competition & Source Selection
- Transparency, Fraud & Ethics
- Defense Contract Negotiations
- Post-Contract Award Management
- Cyber Security
This course is designed specifically for Spanish speaking international military officers and civilian equivalents of grades O4-O6 who are engaged in a broad range of defense acquisition (e.g., policy development, strategic planning, requirements definition, logistics, program management) and/or contract management fields (e.g., materiel planners, requirements developers, end users, contract managers, analysts, tender evaluators, contract negotiators, and source selection decision makers). Countries are encouraged to nominate more than one participant. Early programming is encouraged as the course quota is capped at 25 participants.