About Us - NPS Institutional Research
The mission of NPS’ Office of Institutional Research (IR) is to increase University effectiveness by providing and promoting information to enhance understanding of the institution. In fulfilling this mission, IR supports assessment, policy formation and decision making.
The NPS Office of Institutional Research supports the campus community in the following ways:
- Collect and preserve data, working with other campus offices to ensure data reliability and consistency;
- Analyze, and interpret institutional and higher education data including benchmarking with peer institutions;
- Develop systems, methodologies and tools for effective analysis;
- Develop print and web-based informational resources with a schedule of periodical institutional analyses, surveys, and statistical and narrative reports;
- Support assessment and accreditation processes by assisting academic areas in developing measures of educational effectiveness and improvement; by providing support in research and survey design and by coordinating accreditation reporting;
- Design and produce routine and ad hoc reports for internal constituencies, federal and other external agencies.