From San Francisco and San Jose
- Take US Route 101 South toward Prunedale
- At Prunedale, take CA Route 156 West to CA Route 1 South
- Proceed on CA Route 1 S to Monterey
- Take the "Del Monte Avenue" exit
- Follow the signs to Del Monte Avenue and turn left on Sloat Avenue
- Turn left at stop sign to enter the Main Gate
From Los Angeles and San Diego
- Take US Hwy 5 North toward Sacramento
- At Lost Hills, take CA Route 46 West toward Paso Robles
- At Paso Robles, take US Route 101 North toward Salinas
- At Salinas, take CA Route 68 West to Monterey
- Stay left on 68 W to merge onto CA Route 1 South
- Take the first "Monterey" exit
- Stay left on the exit, turn left onto Aguajito Road
- After .5 miles turn left at Mark Thomas Drive
- Follow Mark Thomas Drive to Sloat Avenue
- Turn right at the stop sign to enter the Main Gate
From Monterey Peninsula Airport
- The road leading out of the airport is Olmstead Road
- Follow Olmstead Road to Garden Road - first street on the right
- Turn right onto Garden Road
- Take Garden Road to 3-way traffic light; turn left onto Mark Thomas Drive
- Turn right onto Sloat Avenue at first traffic light
- Turn right at stop sign to enter the Main Gate
Arriving By Air
Monterey is serviced by three major airlines with most flights connecting through San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, or Phoenix.
Persons taking a taxi should direct the driver to take them to the "Main Gate at NPS".
Sloat Main Gate: 24/7
Del-Monte gate: Closed.
ANNEX gate: 24/7
Gates hours and operations are subject to change at any time due to Force Protection needs.
- Services are located at the Sloat Main Gate.
- Please contact the office at 656-3643.
- Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 0700 - 1130 and 1200 - 1500
Note: ALL VISITORS (GUESTS, VENDORS, ETC.) REQUESTING UNESCORTED ACCESS MUST BE VETTED PRIOR TO BEING GRANTED ENTRY ONTO THE INSTALLATION. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH ARE REQUIRED.
Gate Access Procedures
- Sponsor has guest fill out and return SECNAV form. Personally Identifiable Information MUST be secured, if transmitted electronically. Encryption (via nps.edu network) or AMRDEC SAFE can be used.
- Sponsor completes NSAM Gate Access form.
- Sponsor sends encrypted form to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Gate Access will notify when applicant has cleared or not cleared their back ground check.
- NOTE: If guests have already been vetted (within 1 calendar year through Naval Support Activity Monterey Gate Access), just fill out and submit the NSAM Gate Access form. Only the last four digits SSN# required for verification.
- Once vetted please go to the visitor center and get a pass. If you’re not able to get to the visitor center by normal working hours 7:00 – 1500 then please inform us at 831-656-3477. I’ll make arrangements to put you on a gate access list for the night or weekend depending on when you’re coming onto the base. The next working day you’ll need to go to visitor center to get a pass.
Gate Access Forms/Links
DoD SAFE (CAC enabled) (replaces AMRDEC Safe)
Base Access Flow Chart (.pdf)
NSAM Gate Access Instructions (.pdf)
NSAM Gate Access Request Form (.xlsx)
SECNAV 5512 Approved Access Form (.pdf)
ID Card Issuance:
Location: Bldg 280, Stone Road
Monday - Friday: 0730-1600
* To schedule an appointment please use the following link: https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil
* ID Card lab services will be limited to those in emergent need only, and services are limited to: Initial CAC issuance, Lost/Stolen CAC or Teslin ID card issuances, CAC/Teslin card renewals for cards set to expire in the next 30 days, and pin resets.
The Administrative Office serves as the gaining and check-in/check-out location for all Active Duty, Navy Reserve, and Appropriated Fund civilian personnel reporting for duty assignment to NSA Monterey. Personnel reporting for duty to tenant commands aboard NSA Monterey should see their command’s Administrative Office.
ATTN: Administrative Officer
271 Stone Road
Monterey, CA 93943
831-656-1980 / 6988
0730-1600 Monday thru Friday
Arrival and onboarding. Sailors inbound to NSA Monterey who have not received a sponsor letter within 1 month of receipt of orders should contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 831-656-1980 / 6988. Assigned sponsors and Command Admin are available to assist with any questions pertaining to onboarding at NSA Monterey. All Sailors checking in must ensure their orders are endorsed the first duty day following arrival, to include date and time of arrival. If arrival is outside normal business hours, Sailors should call their assigned sponsor or Command Duty Officer (CDO) to report date/time of arrival. Report to the Administrative Office, bldg. 271, the next business day following arrival to check in with the Command Pay and Personnel Administrator (CPPA) for timely onboarding and submission of travel claim. Personnel inbound for assignment to NSA Monterey should maintain contact with their assigned sponsors to coordinate arrival and check-in actions. Appropriated Fund civilian personnel should follow onboarding instructions provided by Human Resources.
Lodging. By default, official travelers to NSA Monterey must procure government lodging at the on-base Navy Gateway Inns and Suites (NGIS) or nearby Navy Lodge (at La Mesa Village). If lodging is unavailable at these establishments, the traveler must obtain a Certificate of Non-Availability (CNA) before occupying commercial lodging in town. Without a CNA obtained prior to occupying commercial lodging, reimbursement will be at the rate charged by NGIS or Navy Lodge.
Travel claims. Service members are responsible for providing all documentation for a timely and accurate submission of travel claims by the CPPA. Documents required include orders/ORDMOD stamped by previous command upon detachment, travel/airline ticket receipts, receipts for travel-related expenses over $75, etc. If filing for Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), lodging receipts are required. The NSA Monterey CPPA will review all documentation for completeness and accuracy for submission of claims to the Travel Processing Center (TPC) Millington.
ID Cards. The ID Card Office on base services Active Duty, Reserves, and retired personnel, their family members, federal civilian employees, and eligible contractor personnel at bldg. 278, 831-656-1860. To make a new appointment, look-up an appointment previously made, or to cancel an appointment, visit the DEERS / RAPIDS / ID Card Appointment Scheduler: https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/
Save Time! If you are a sponsor, hold a Common Access Card (CAC), and use a CAC-enabled computer, you can add/change data to DEERS, such as personal contact information for self and dependents, work e-mail address, and verify your dependents at https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/self_service
Passports and Visas. The Passport Office is in Hotel Del Monte/Hermann Hall, room # 109. POC: Mr. Theodore Osborne, 831-656-1855.
Official travel (Commercial Travel Office, Point Mugu, Naval Base Ventura County)
MyNavy Family app and NavyLife Monterey app
Morale, Welfare, and Recreation
Housing Services Office (operated by U.S. Army Garrison Presidio of Monterey)
Public Private Venture Housing
Navy Personnel Command / My Navy HR
My Navy Portal
Sailor to Sailor Newsletter
The Navigator (previously Lifelink)
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
Department of Veterans Affairs G.I. Bill Information
Bureau of Naval Personnel (BUPERS) Online
Foreign Clearance Guide
Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System
Navy eLearning (formerly Navy Knowledge Online)
CO Executive Assistant / Front Office (831) 656-2279
Command Senior Enlisted Leader (831) 656-3895
Command Administration (831) 656-1980 / 6988
Chaplain Ministries (831) 656-2241
Children & Youth Programs (831) 656-2734
Housing Services Office (U.S. Army Presidio of Monterey) (831) 242-7979
Fleet and Family Support Center (831) 656-3060
ID/CAC Office (831) 656-1860
Inspector General (805) 989-8729 / 9268
Legal Services Office (831) 656-2506 / 3388
Morale, Welfare & Recreation (831) 656-2533
Navy Gateway Inns and Suites Front Desk (831) 656-2060 / 2069
Navy Lodge (831) 372-6133
Naval Medical Administrative Unit (831) 242-5741 / 5614
Ombudsman (831) 236-7020
Pass and ID Office / Visitor Control Center (831) 656-3643
Personal Property Office (831) 656-2251
Police/Security Non-Emergency (831) 656-2556
Public Affairs (831) 656-3059
Public Works Help Desk (831) 656-2526
School Liaison Officer (831) 656-1008
Security Manager (831) 656-6988
Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (831) 656-3175
Staff Judge Advocate (559) 998-3350
Voting Assistance Office (831) 656-6988