MOUT at Impossible Canyon (COA) - Research
MOUT at Impossible Canyon (COA)
The Military Operations on Urban Terrain (MOUT) test site, also referred to as Impossible City, is located in the Impossible Canyon at Fort Ord. This facility provides a real-world environment for sUAS (NPS holds a FAA COA#: 7711-1 2020-WSA-7132-USN waver). UAS operations are limited to 400ft above the ground.
- NPS conducts monthly day-long trainings at MOUT (on the last Friday of each month), and all inquiries should be made through NPS UAS Ops with "MOUT Testing" in the subject line.
- Only four cars are allowed at MOUT during testing. The car list should be provided a few days in advance (see example).
- To operate at MOUT, the DD Form 2977 Deliberate Risk Assessment Worksheet is required (see example).
- Email the request for approval of Flight Schedule form to NPS UAS Ops with "MOUT Approval Request" in the subject line, at least three business days before the scheduled event (see example).
- Driving directions to MOUT can be found here.