About TLC - Teaching and Learning Commons
About the TLC
The Teaching and Learning Commons (TLC) of the Naval Postgraduate School unifies specialized services and resources offered by Teaching, Learning, and Technology for faculty, students, and staff in support of the NPS academic mission. Furthermore, the TLC engages with faculty, students and staff to connect experiential learning efforts and traditional classrooms environments in order to support quality, forward-thinking, and innovation in Teaching and Learning:
- Facilitate access to live and on-demand resources
- Promote innovation, communication, and collaboration
- Foster experimentation and innovation campus-wide through mini-grants and active learning classrooms
- Support NPS’s mission and strategic plan.
Stimulate teaching and learning environments that educate the most capable Force —wherever they are.
Empowering cross-organizational teams as a community of practice to enhance the quality of NPS education through collaborations that create and support innovative and distinctive learning experiences.
The TLC Approach
- Listen… Engage with teaching and learning stakeholders during bi-annual department visits, open forums, and surveys
- Involve… Partner with faculty and students to foster a culture of sharing and learning
- Support… Develop annual initiatives that aim to support quality, forward-thinking, and innovation in teaching and learning
Dennis Lester, Ph.D
Interim Associate Provost for Graduate Education
Director, Information Technology and Communication Services (ITACS)
For questions, feedback or opportunities to get involved,
TLC Year In Review, 2020
Download TLC Newsletter 2020, PDF
TLC Year In Review, 2019
Download TLC Newsletter 2019, PDF
TLC charter establishing expectations for authority, participation, communication, roles and responsibilities was signed by the Provost on 10 January 2020.
NPS login required.