Mine Warfare Symposium 13 - Undersea Warfare Academic Group
On this page
The Symposium Co-Sponsor, The Mine Warfare Association (MINWARA), is accepting registration for the symposium.
Abstract and Presentation Submission Information:
- Abstracts are not mandatory, however all abstracts received by 07 May 2018 will be included in the Symposium program. The program will be made available to all attendees. Please forward abstracts to email@example.com.
- Abstracts should be a single page (1 page), please.
- ONLY papers or slide presentations received before the completion of the 13th Symposium (22-24 May 2018) may be included in The Proceedings.
- All papers must be in English.
- You MUST include a completed Paper Submission Form with your presentation (download the form below).
- Please follow the guidelines for uniformed formatting for all submissions, see below.
Abstract Text and Page Format: .pdf submissions only
• 8.5” x 11” paper size
• 1.5” margins on all sides
• Single column
• Single spaced, left aligned
• 12 point type, Times New Roman font
• Page numbering, headers and footer are not allowed
• Title and author in upper and lower case (not all caps)
• Title in 18 point type, centered (not all caps)
• Author’s name and institution following title 14 point type, centered (not all caps)
Please make sure the media is appropriately marked and includes the corresponding author’s name and contact information (phone number and email address).
- Papers and PPT presentations will be published in the Symposium Proceedings unless authors or presenters specifically states otherwise (see submission form for more information).
- Video content may be deleted in The Proceedings due to size constraints.
Richard (Rick) Williams, III (RADM, USN retired)
Naval Postgraduate School, Expeditionary and Mine Warfare
Naval Postgraduate School Department of Physics
Chair, Undersea Warfare Academic Group
Naval Postgraduate School Department of Applied Mathematics
Dean, Graduate School of Engineering and Applied Science
Naval Postgraduate School, Program Analyst, Undersea Warfare
The Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), the Office of Naval Research (ONR), OPNAV (N95), and The Consortium for Robotics and Unmanned Systems Education and Research (CRUSER) are pleased to announce the Thirteenth International Mine Warfare Technology Symposium in Monterey, California, May 22-24, 2018.
The International Mine Warfare Technology Symposium series is the only Navy-sponsored event solely focused on naval mine warfare and associated technologies and is only held every other year.
The Symposium is unclassified with foreign participation expected and welcome. Naval and Industry plenary speakers will address a broad range of topics including the current status and future requirements of mine warfare technology. Break-out sessions will showcase basic scientific and emerging technology research with applications to the undersea environment and specialized sessions focused on Littoral Combat Ship-centric mine warfare, advanced undersea warfare systems, mine warfare applications in Maritime Homeland Defense, environmental research and developments, operational data flow and communications, and other related areas. Many of the topics covered above will likely exploit unmanned systems to aid in meeting particular technical requirements. This symposium is being collaboratively hosted by CRUSER, chartered by the Undersecretary of the Navy, and hence topics more directly related to unmanned systems, such as propulsion, autonomy, experimentation, guidance and control, and energy to name a few, will also be addressed in break-out sessions.
We are pleased to announce that the Mine Warfare Association (MINWARA) will once again join NPS to co-sponsor this event. MINWARA is a non-profit, educational association that began in 1995 and is devoted to education and the raising of awareness concerning mines. Their purpose is to strengthen the national security of the United States and to assist in the attainment of international security and humanitarian objectives of the United States as set forth by the President of the United States. MINWARA is a Department of the Navy DAEO Recognized Scientific, Technical, Education, or Professional Organization IAW JER 3-206.b(3) organization. More information is available on their website: www.minwara.org.
From the Organizing Committee
Rick Williams, Andres Larraza, Clyde Scandrett
Proceedings of the 13th International Mine Warfare Technology Symposium are available by SELECTING THIS LINK.
Presentations are housed in folders by date, time, and location of presentation.
**Updated versions of all attachments will be available soon**
On the afternoon of 28 May 2021 you are invited to attend CRUSERExpo 2021. Several research labs will be open for guided tours. You will also have the opportunity to visit the Historic Hotel Del Monte!
If you are traveling on Official Orders from your government you may submit a Foreign Visit Request through your Embassy.
If you are not traveling on official orders but would like to arrange for access to the NPS Campus for CRUSERExpo 2021 please complete the Unofficial Visit Request form and submit them to the NPS Security Manager.
DUE BY 01 May 2022
You may Fax this document to (+1) 831-656-2350: Attention Mr. Andy Andersen, NPS Security Manager.
Or, you may save the completed form as a .pdf and attach it to an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
REMINDER: If you are an official visitor (representing your country) you need to contact your Embassy to start the Visit Request process as soon as possible.
We are pleased to announce that the Embassy Suites by Hilton Monterey Bay Seaside will be the venue, and they will have a limited block of rooms available for attendees.
TAD/GOVERNMENT ATTENDEES TRAVELING ON ORDERS
If you are traveling on TAD Orders:
- Please see the Mine Warfare Association website for information on Hotel Registration for TAD attendees. You'll find information about the Embassy Suites under "Monterey Conference" on the blue bar at the top of the page.
OUR OTHER WONDERFUL ATTENDEES
For those not traveling on TAD Orders, we are thrilled that you'll be joining us:
- Please see the Mine Warfare Association website for information on Hotel Registration. You'll find information about the Embassy Suites under "Monterey Conference" on the blue bar at the top of the page.
Shuttle from the venue to the Naval Postgraduate School for the optional event on the afternoon of 21 May will be arranged. More information will be provided at the symposium.