cert_RME - Distance Learning
Graduate School of Engineering & Applied Sciences (GSEAS)
Program Length: 15 Months | Starts: Summer | Curriculum: #242
Certificate in Reliability & Maintainability Engineering (R&ME)
The Department of Systems Engineering offers a five-course academic certificate in Reliability & Maintainability Engineering. The courses are designed to provide graduate-level courses for government and military engineers who are responsible for establishing and achieving R&ME requirements as part of the systems engineering process in support of systems development in the DOD acquisition system.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
242-213O cohort starting Spring AY21 (first day of class 31 March 2021)
Click here to view the 242-213O announcement (pdf)
Click here to view the 242-213O tuition letter (pdf)
The projected program starts for the Academic Year 2020-2021 are listed below. Projected sponsors, domain tracks, and cohort codes are provided.
|Academic Year 2021|
Focus: Reliability & Maintainability Engineering
- SE3900 - Topics in Systems Engineering Analysis (2-1)
- SE3302 - Systems Suitability (3-2)
- SE3321 - Reliability Management and Data Systems (3-2)
- OA4302 - Reliability and Weapon System Effectiveness Measurement (4-0)
- SE4321 - Reliability Growth and Accelerated Testing (4-1)
The following are eligible for this program:
- Active Duty US Military Officers*
- US Government Civilians (GS)
- Active Duty Enlisted Personnel
- DoD contractors
- International Students**
*Per OPNAVINST 1520.23C, a Navy officer will incur a 1 year service obligation upon completion or withdrawal from the R&ME Certificate Program.
**International Students: Ensure that you read and understand the eligibility requirements and application process.
- Undergraduate engineering, science or technical degree
- DAU ENG level 1 certification
- College level Probability & Statistics course
- 3 years experience in acquisition or engineering
- Probability & Statistics field experience desired but not required
$2250 per student/course.
For general questions about GEAC supported programs, please email the GEAC Student Coordinator at GEACStudCoord@nps.edu.