About Student Program - Acquisition Research Program
PROFESSIONALIZING ACQUISITION LEADERS
"The ARP is a difference maker helping to educate better than any other program the next generation of the acquisition workforce. These NPS graduates are professionally qualified, capable of critical thinking, and forward-looking through their acquisition-focused research."
– Hon. Doug A. Brook, Former Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Financial Management and Comptroller)
The Graduate Student Program is the crowning jewel of the Acquisition Research Program. Graduate students in residence and those who are in distance learning programs conduct rigorous research to complete their Master's thesis project. Students work alone or in teams. They join the ARP six to nine months before graduation.
ARP provides resources that guide students through the process of producing research useful to the fleet and their future careers. These include
- relevant and timely research topics from sponsors
- tried and true methods for completing research efficiently
- process and milestones to support critical thinking
- a home base to answer questions and to assist, and
- professional editing and transcription support to help refine student writing skills.