Apply - Office of Admissions
Please review our Prospective Students page for eligibility and department requirements before using the link at the bottom of the page to apply.
Distance Learning Applicants:
All DL applicants must submit a Participation Agreement concurrently with the online application. Please submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted on or before the first day of instruction of the quarter immediately preceding your intended start quarter, unless stated otherwise by the appropriate program.
For instance, if you are applying to AY21 AQ4, you must submit an application on or before the start of AY21 AQ3, which is 29 March 21.
Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the start dates identified as 'Instruction Begins'. If you do not meet this deadline, your application will be rolled over to the next available quarter.
After submitting your application, official transcripts must be ordered from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended and delivered directly to NPS. Transcripts must come directly from the institution or their designated transcript exchange service, we do not accept transcripts submitted by the applicant.
Transcripts must be delivered electronically to email@example.com or physically to our mailing address:
Admissions Office (Official Transcripts)
Naval Postgraduate School
1 University Circle, He-061A
Monterey, CA 93943-5006
- We do not accept copied, faxed, and scanned transcripts, which are considered unofficial.
- Order only one official transcript per school.
- If you have previously applied and had transcripts delivered to our office, your transcript status will be updated to complete during our weekly check that normally occur on Mondays. Please contact us directly if this does not happen or if there is an issue with that timing.
- If you have previously attended NPS, your transcripts will be added to your file during our weekly check that normally occur on Mondays. Please contact us directly if this does not happen or if there is an issue with that timing.
- U.S. students with degrees from international institutions are required to have their degrees evaluated by a service credentialed by the National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
Additional Information and Requirements:
- Additional Master's and Doctoral degree requirements and Distance Learning program information can be found here.
GRE Scores, dating back to a max of 5 years, are required for USA and USAF officers or Federal Civilians applying to the School of International and Defense Studies (curriculums 681–693) or for anyone applying to a doctoral program. Use Institutional Code 4831 to have your scores sent automatically to NPS.