Apply - Office of Admissions
Please review our Prospective Students page for eligibility and department requirements before using the link at the bottom of the page to apply.
Distance Learning Applicants:
All DL applicants must submit a Participation Agreement concurrently with the online application. Please submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted on or before the first day of instruction of the quarter immediately preceding your intended start quarter, unless stated otherwise by the appropriate program.
For instance, if you are applying to AY21 AQ4, you must submit an application on or before the start of AY21 AQ3, which is 29 March 21.
Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the start dates identified as 'Instruction Begins'. If you do not meet this deadline, your application will be rolled over to the next available quarter.
After submitting an application, you will have to order official transcripts from all attended schools (undergraduate and/or graduate). Have your transcripts sent directly to NPS from the attended school(s) to the following address:
Admissions Office (Official Transcripts)
Naval Postgraduate School
1 University Circle, He-061A
Monterey, CA 93943-5006
- We do not accept copied, faxed, and scanned transcripts, which are considered unofficial.
- Send only one official transcript per school.
- If you have previously applied and submitted documents to our office, please contact us directly to verify that the documents are on file before ordering a new set of documents.
- U.S. students with degrees from international institutions are required to have their degrees evaluated by a service credentialed by the National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
Additional Information and Requirements:
- GRE Scores are required for certain programs and applicants.
- Additional PhD requirements are found here.
- Additional Distance Learning information is found here.