Welcome - Cyber Academic Group
The Cyber Academic Group is intended to be a national resource for the interdisciplinary study and design of secure and resilient cyber systems and the conduct of cyber operations.
Its breadth covers all areas of cyber operations, including the incorporation of cyber effects into OPLANS and offensive and defensive cyber operations.
CAG's program is transformative, being Interdisciplinary with both technical foundations and non-technical challenges.
- Cyber Systems and Operations (Curriculum 326), Master's Degree conferred depends on track chosen
- Master of Science in Applied Cyber Operations (MACO) (Curriculum 336). Designed to serve Navy enlisted personnel with Cryptologic Technician Networks (CTN) and Information Systems Technician (IT) ratings, as well as the respective enlisted personnel in other military service.
Graduate Certificate Programs (Resident and DL)
- Cyber Security Fundamentals offered by the Computer Science Department (Resident/DL)
- Cyber Security Defense offered by the Computer Science Department (Resident/DL)
- Cyber Security Adversarial Techniques offered by the Computer Science Department (Resident/DL)
- Cyber Operations Infrastructure (Curriculum 227/228) offered by the Cyber Academic Group (Resident)
- Applied Cyber Operations (Curriculum 336) offered by the Cyber Academic Group (Resident)
- Cyber Warfare (Curriculum 288) offered by the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department (Resident/DL)
- Mathematics of Secure Communications offered by the Applied Mathematics Department (Resident)
The nature of the cyber environment, its opportunities and vulnerabilities, and the broad range of potential threats demands a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to cyber operations education and research. The Cyber Academic Group’s composition reflects this diversity and includes participating faculty from departments including Computer Science, Defense Analysis, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Information Sciences, Mathematics, and Operations Research.
National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Program
NPS is one of a small group of institutions that has three National Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity (NCAE-C) designations:
- Cyber Defense Education
- Cyber Research
- Cyber Operations
NPS is also a member of the U.S. Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) Academic Engagement Network (AEN), a select partnership of more than 80 colleges and universities throughout the United States.
Labs and Facilities
- Cyber Battle Lab
- “Erector-set” approach supports education & research
- Robust, high-fidelity experimentation capability
- Unclassified and SCIF-based segments
- Joint IO Range node in SCIF CYBL segment
- ICS / MCS Lab: Unclassified and SCIF
- Highly Trustworthy Systems Lab
- SCIF Classrooms and VTC capabilities
2 | 8
MS degrees programs offered | Certificates
41 | 10
Faculty | across Departments
Contact the Cyber Academic Group
1411 Cunningham Road
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, CA 93943-5219
Glasgow Hall East - 334