Students at NPS can take DAU training courses in support of professional certification requirements in Defense Acquisition at no cost to NPS and no cost to students.
The advantage to NPS students is that you'll get an actual DAU transcript and the training will be documented in your official Service training records.
Recently, under the Acquisition Back-to-Basics (BtB) initiative, the DOD transitioned the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) 14 career fields into six functional areas of program management, contracting, engineering and technical and management, test and evaluation, lifecycle logistics, and financial management/cost estimating.
As result of the BtB initiative, and in an effort to synchronize graduate education and training, the NPS President VADM (R) Rondeau and DAU President Dr. James Woolsey signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) that outlines the integration of DAU training courses into NPS graduate-level education courses and curricula.
On the NPS side, NPS courses provide an opportunity to earn the prerequisite DAU training course certificates. Both MN3331 (Principles of Acquisition and Program Management) and MN3301 (Acquisition of Defense Systems) integrate the following DAU training courses:
- ACQ 1010—Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management (virtual, 13 hours, asynchronous, open enrollment to CAC card holders, no prerequisite)
- ACQ 2020—Intermediate Systems Acquisition, Part A (virtual, 13 hours, asynchronous, open enrollment to CAC card holders, ACQ1010 prerequisite)
DAU will offer the following training courses specifically to qualified NPS students
After students take MN3331 or MN3301, they would have DAU prerequisite training needed to consider taking the following DAU courses:
- ACQ 2030V—Intermediate Systems Acquisition, Part B (five days, virtual, synchronously led by DAU Instructor, ACQ2020 prerequisite)
- PMT 2570V—Program Management Tools Course (four days, virtual, synchronously led by DAU Instructor, ACQ2030 prerequisite)
- 20–23 June 2023, PMT2570V (10 seats for NPS students)
- 26–30 June 2023, ACQ2030V (10 seats for NPS students)
- 18–22 Sept 2023, ACQ2030V (10 seats for NPS students)
- 19–22 Sept 2023, PMT2570V (10 seats for NPS students)
If you have the DAU course prerequisites, send a request to Dr. Bob Mortlock (email@example.com) for a seat in an upcoming planned DAU course offering.
Please send your name, DAU ID # (you got one when you completed the prerequisite DAU training courses), DAU course requested, and requested dates.