Dudley Knox Library - NPS Design Thinking Community
Dudley Knox Library Design Sp@ce
DKL's Lower Level has become the perfect spot for a "human centered design maker space" where people can brainstorm, with "props" to help them think outside the box and "shape" new ideas and concepts via prototyping. The DKL Design Sp@ce features: giant whiteboards, electronic whiteboards, sticky notes, building blocks, pipe cleaners and clay — in a setting that promotes rearranging the furniture and thinking outside the box as part of the process of prototyping ideas.
Guidelines for Use
- Enjoy this space! It is a place for you to be creative!!
- Grab a form & claim the space—first-come first-served—post it by lockers
- Rearrange the space to your needs—move the tables (they fold up), stack the chairs, stand up, sit down, move about
- Stick things up on the walls
- Plug in to the plasma screen (cables at Information Desk near Library entry)
- Use the wireless—or—unplug for a change
- Relax & try something new
- Brainstorm & experiment
- Use whiteboards, flip charts, sticky notes for fast ideas
- Use balloons, Play-Doh, pipe cleaners, Legos etc. to prototype possibilities
- Mark your stuff to "Keep till Date XX" or we'll periodically erase & disassemble
- Need a locker to store stuff? Ask at the Information Desk