Once you have arrived in Monterey, go to www.move.mil and update your phone number, contact information, and delivery information. The local agent notifies the TSP (Transportation Service Provider) that the driver has arrived. The TSP has 2 hours to contact you or your agent and arrange for delivery. If the TSP is unable to reach you within the time period, your property will be placed into Storage-In-Transit (SIT), providing you are authorized storage at government expense. If SIT is not authorized, storage charges at commercial rates may be incurred, which could be very costly to you.
Update your information in DPS www.move.mil as soon as possible to make arrangements for the shipment of your Household Goods (HHGs) even if you have not found a permanent residence, especially in the summer months. IT CAN TAKE THREE WEEKS FOR DELIVERY DURING JUNE & JULY. Updating phone numbers is all it takes to get the ball rolling.
Arrangements for delivery are made directly with the TSP. Expect the carrier to begin delivery of your shipment between 0800 and 1700 hours and complete by 2100 hours Monday-Friday, unless other arrangements have been made between you and the TSP.
At time of delivery, the TSP is responsible for the following:
- Unpack and unwrap all cartons, boxes and crates (crates become your property for future moves once the government has paid for them, do not let the TSP take them)
- One time placement of each item or carton in the room you indicate
- Assemble all furniture & equipment disassembled by movers at origin
- Remove packing and blocking from appliances
- Remove all packing material from the home
- Provide you an original and two copies of the 1850/1850R
Should you have any problems during delivery, call the Personal Property Office at 831-656-2151. After hours, you can call FLSC San Diego at 619-556-6683.