Commander + Strategically Aligned Leadership Team (C+SALT) - Center for Executive Education
Commander + Strategically Aligned Leadership Team (C+SALT)
The Commander + Strategically Aligned Leadership Team (C+SALT) supports Flag Officers to enhance Command leadership team effectiveness and alignment by:
- Developing mutual understanding of team members’ complementary strengths and skills
- Conducting an on-boarding exercise to assure awareness of the commander’s style and intent as well as the team’s operational modes and requirements to enhance command success;
- Shaping a strategic direction and measurable objectives for maximum impact;
- Promote an exceptional level of team inspiration and commitment.
Command teams have substantial time during this 2-day C+SALT program for a guided process that strengthens their capabilities to develop mission-critical strategic plans, execute those plans effectively, maximize Navy resources, and accurately assess the impact of their plans. The program addresses the command’s specific planning initiatives with the help of professional facilitators and the expertise of Naval Postgraduate School faculty, who know best-practices and have proven practical experience working with numerous Navy commands, major corporations and other government organizations.
C+SALT is a high-impact learning experience customized for Senior Commanders and their entire leadership teams. Our program director will collaborate closely with the Commander to develop a program that aligns with the learning/strategic objectives of each organization. Every aspect of the program (including a custom curriculum, select learning materials, and innovative learning exercises) is carefully designed to the command’s needs for maximum impact.
- Provide Mutual Understanding between the Commander and leadership team.
- Build Team Effectiveness to maximize productivity, innovation and commitment
- Clearly Define Command Mission so it guides decentralized decision-making in the command.
- Assess Internal and External Factors that impact the Command’s strategic plan
- Identify Distinctive Opportunities that position the Command for sustained high performance.
- Define Strategic Objectives for the Command, given less resources and more requirements.
Dr. Paul Stames has taught executive seminars for the University of Notre Dame, UC Berkeley, and UC San Diego. He has worked with the NPS Center for Executive Education since 2004 when he became the academic program director for the Navy’s Executive Business Course and later the Navy Corporate Business Course.
Thousands of executives have participated in highly-rated educational programs and coaching developed or delivered by Paul for executives from companies such as Bain & Company, Cisco Systems, Sybase, Medtronic, Experian, Energizer, Microsoft, Synopsis, British Telecom, CA Dept. of Corporations, Kodak, CA Judicial Council, Boehringer Ingelheim, Apple, Saudi Aramco, Hewlett Packard, Nestle, IFC World Bank, BancoMex, CMG IT Services, TAG Aviation, Intel, and numerous US Navy Commands within NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NAVFAC, NAVSUP, METOC, ONI, OJAG, NAVSAFECENT, NAVOBSY & BUMED. Read full bio...
Naval Postgraduate School faculty, with highly relevant academic and pragmatic expertise, can provide Command participants with a range of perspectives from which course objectives are addressed. Faculty facilitators are committed to providing support throughout the lifecycle of team efforts and are available to consult post-course to ensure continuity of effort as teams continue their work beyond the program.
C+SALT is conducted in the spaces of the Center for Executive Education on the campus of the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California or in designated Fleet concentration locations, as designated in our main webpage. If at NPS, lodging is available on-base at Hotel Del Monte (the former Navy Gateway Inns & Suites) in historic Herrmann Hall.
Who Should Attend?
Flag Officer Commanders plus at least 3-5, if not all, members of their leadership team. The program is designed for Flag Officers who are transitioning to a new command, developing new and innovative strategic initiatives, or seeking to maximize the capabilities of a new or established team.
Please contact NPS Center for Executive Education’s Director:
Ms. Winli McAnally, firstname.lastname@example.org, 831-656-3416 for more information