Commander + Strategically Aligned Leadership Team (C+SALT) - Center for Executive Education
Commander + Strategically Aligned Leadership Team (C+SALT)
The Commander + Strategically Aligned Leadership Team (C+SALT) Program is designed for Flag Officers or SES Directors who are transitioning to a new command, developing new and innovative strategic initiatives, or seeking to maximize the capabilities of a new or established team. C+SALT is a two-day highly interactive program that enables Flag Officers and SES Directors to enhance their command leadership team’s effectiveness and alignment, in important ways, including:
- Develop mutual understanding of team members’ complementary strengths and skills
- Create understanding of the commander’s style and intent as well as identify the team’s operational modes and requirements to enhance command success;
- Shape a strategic direction and set measurable objectives for maximum impact; and
- Promote an exceptional level of team inspiration and commitment
Command teams engage in a guided process that strengthens their capabilities to develop mission-critical strategic plans, effectively execute those plans, maximize Navy resources, and accurately assess the impact of their plans. C+SALT addresses a command’s specific planning initiatives with the expertise of Naval Postgraduate School faculty and the help of a professional facilitator. Our education team knows organizational best-practices and has practical experience working with numerous Navy commands, major corporations and government organizations.
C+SALT is a high-impact learning experience customized for Senior Commanders and Directors along with their leadership teams. Our program director collaborates closely with the Commander or Director to develop a program that aligns with the learning and strategic objectives of each organization. Every aspect of the program (including the curriculum, select learning materials, and innovative learning exercises) is carefully designed to meet an organization’s needs for maximum impact.
- Provide More Effective Collaboration by the organization’s leadership team
- Build Team Effectiveness to maximize productivity, innovation and commitment
- Clearly Define Command Mission to guide decentralized decision-making in the command
- Assess Internal and External Factors that impact the Command’s strategic plan
- Identify Distinctive Opportunities that position the Command for sustained high performance
- Define Strategic Priorities, given less resources and more requirements
Dr. Paul Stames has taught executive seminars for the University of Notre Dame, UC Berkeley, and UC San Diego. He has worked with the NPS Center for Executive Education since 2004 when he became the academic program director for the Navy’s Executive Business Course and later the Navy Corporate Business Course.
Thousands of executives have participated in highly-rated educational programs and coaching developed or delivered by Paul for executives from companies such as Bain & Company, Cisco Systems, Sybase, Medtronic, Experian, Energizer, Microsoft, Synopsis, British Telecom, CA Dept. of Corporations, Kodak, CA Judicial Council, Boehringer Ingelheim, Apple, Saudi Aramco, Hewlett Packard, Nestle, IFC World Bank, BancoMex, CMG IT Services, TAG Aviation, Intel, and numerous US Navy Commands within NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NAVFAC, NAVSUP, METOC, ONI, OJAG, NAVSAFECENT, NAVOBSY & BUMED. Read full bio...
Naval Postgraduate School faculty, with highly relevant academic and pragmatic expertise, can provide Command participants with a range of perspectives from which course objectives are addressed. Facilitators can provide support throughout the lifecycle of team efforts and are available to consult post-course to ensure continuity of effort as teams continue their work beyond the program.
Who Should Attend?
Flag Officer Commanders or SES Directors plus at least 8-10, if not their entire leadership team.