Leadership and Communication for Managerial Success (LCMS) - Center for Executive Education
Leadership and Communication for Managerial Success (LCMS)
This is a hands-on workshop for people managers who want to improve their leadership and communication skills. The LCMS course is designed to help managers know themselves better, understand and manage the strengths and biases they bring to their workgroups, and develop critical skills for leading others. By the end of the course, participants will create personal leadership development plans incorporating techniques and insights gained. We will focus on what managers can do to create a climate of trust, empowerment, confidence, and commitment.
What you'll learn during this workshop
- The Leadership Context: Discussions will center around leadership practices that promote climates of trust, empowerment, commitment, and growth.
- Focusing Conversations: High performing organizations engage in conversations that focus effort and facilitate joint action. Participants will learn how to engage in focusing discussions that tie employee and team actions to the organization’s mission.
- Conflict Management and Difficult Conversations: Participants will learn foundational principles and concrete practices for managing conflict and difficult conversations.
- Know Yourself: Participants will complete two industry-standard leadership inventories to assess their strengths and growth areas in two critical domains:
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ-i): The EQ-i provides insight into individuals’ social-emotional strengths and growth areas, with a focus on how emotional intelligence impacts leadership success.
- Conflict Style (TKI): The TKI provides insight into individuals’ conflict styles, with a focus on how conflict style impacts leadership success.
- Performance Feedback: Participants will learn to provide performance feedback that can be heard and is useful to their employees. Each participant will have an opportunity to role-play performance feedback for real-world scenarios.
Kimberlie Stephens Dr. Stephens works at the intersection of research and practice. A student of organizations, she works as an instructor, facilitator and researcher to bridge academia and industry, allowing each to inform and motivate the other. She is a faculty member at the Naval Postgraduate School where she is the Program Manager for the Strategic Communication Workshop and the Leadership and Communication for Managerial Success program. She is also an instructor in the Navy Senior Leader Seminar at the Center for Executive Education. Dr. Stephens has facilitated extensively with organizations across enterprise and operational domains.Read full bio...
Erik Helzer Dr. Helzer is an Associate Professor of Management and Organizations in the Department of Defense Management at the Naval Postgraduate School. Dr. Helzer teaches and advises senior leaders and graduate students on topics including ethical leadership, workplace communication, organizational behavior, and decision-making. In his research and teaching, Dr. Helzer develops and applies insights from psychological, organizational, and behavioral science to understand and address problems in the fields of defense, health, education, and leadership. Read full bio...
The LCMS course is offered both online and in-person at the Center for Executive Education on the campus of the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. Spaces for each are available on a first-come first-served basis.
Who Should Enroll?
This course is designed for people managers at the GS12-14, O4-O5, E7-E9 levels.
Tuition for online and in residence LCMS is $2600 per person. The cost covers instruction program and administration of two instruments - the TKI (conflict management style) and EQi-2.0 (emotional intelligence). Upon completion, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion displaying 3.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Tuition does NOT include lodging, food, or other travel expenses. Each participant should be on official orders and is responsible for their own travels costs (flight, meals, lodging, incidentals, etc.).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Click here (PDF updated August 2023)
Contact the NPS Center for Executive Education's Registrar:
firstname.lastname@example.org, 831-656-3850 for registration information