Welcome - DoD Information Operations Center for Research
Representatives from commands and organizations seeking to leverage the education and research capabilities of the students, faculty and staff of the Department of Defense Analysis (DDA) and Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) will visit the campus.
The DoD IOCR exists to:
- advance the goal of information operations as a core military competency
- support the DoD commitment to transform our military capabilities
- provide avenues for research for information operations asymmetric warfare, combatting terrorism, and unconventional thought
This website is meant to serve as both a source of information on the DoD IOCR at NPS itself, and a source of information on IO education, training, and research being conducted DoD-wide and elsewhere. Those interested in knowing "who is doing what" in IO can use this site as a "one-stop shopping" source.
If there are additional resources not found on this site, or for any suggested corrections/changes, please advise the website manager: InfoIOC@nps.edu
The mission of the DoD Information Operations Center for Research is to provide graduate-level IO education, facilitate the exploration of new IO concepts, conduct research and analysis, and support relevant field experimentation.
The Undersecretary of Defense for Policy (OUSD-P) is the sponsor of the DoD IO Center for Research.
DoD IOCR Briefing: This briefing provides a short overview of the DoD IOCR and the associated curriculum.
Information on this website is provided for informational purposes only. Other than activities conducted by or sponsored by DoD, DON, other military departments, or the DoD IOCR, inclusion in this website does not imply advocacy or sponsorship of any of the posted activities, publications, or programs.
New or Coming Soon
Political Warfare Project
With the cancellation of Cyber Endeavour 2020, the DoD IOCR will be hosting a Digital Event Series.
When: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 1400 EDT (1100 PDT)
What: Political Warfare during the Cold War: Lessons from the past to inform the future?
Moderated by Ryan Maness, Director of the IOCR and Assistant Professor at NPS
Cyber Endeavour 2020
- Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Cyber Endeavour 2020 has been cancelled.
- Begun in 2011, Cyber Endeavour is an annual Department of Defense-sponsored conference that brings together military and civilian practitioners from across government, industry, and academia to address the nexus of cyberspace and national security.Cyber Endeavour is an interactive, working level event for leaders and operators to discuss the most critical Cyber challenges facing our nation and armed services, and to identify potential solutions. Cyber Endeavour is a two-part event that consists of a Leadership Symposium and Cyber-X Games. The Leadership Symposium is 3-days of presentations and panels by authorities from government, services, academia and industry. Cyber-X Games is a co-located 7-day operational exercise where participants are challenged in scenarios relevant to the topics discussed in the Symposium.