DOD Performance Management and Appraisal System (DPMAP)
DPMAP streamlines performance management throughout the DoD, ensuring all eligible employees are on one system, with one rating cycle, with a few exceptions. NPS was granted an exception to the single unified rating cycle out of respect for its academic calendar.
DPMAP was born of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2010, which repealed the statutory authority for the National Security Personnel System (NSPS) and mandated a fair, credible, transparent, enterprise-wide performance management program. A collaborative labor-management initiative began in 2010 leading to recommendations, which were vetted through the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and relevant DoD Components. Those recommendations led to the creation of the current DPMAP system. Once full implementation of DMPAP is complete, over 145,000 Navy and over 600,000 DoD civilian employees will be on the same performance management program. It ensures collective responsibility between managers, supervisors, team leaders (where applicable), and employees for creating a work culture and environment that promotes high-performance through engagement, continuous communication and feedback, and recognition throughout the rating cycle.
Access the DCPDS Portal (MyBiz+) with your CAC Card to access My Performance Tool.
- First Time Users click "Register" under First time Smart Card user, then you will enter User ID and Password
- Your USER ID and PASSWORD is your Social Security Number (SSN) with dashes (example 123-45-6789).
- You will enter your SSN a total of (4) FOUR times.
- Once you have gained access and return to the site, click "Login" under Returning Smart Card user.
DPMAP Training PPT Slides
- My Performance Toolkit
- My Performance Toolkit Instructions
- DODI 1400.25, Vol 430
- DODI 1400.25, Vol 431
- DON DPMAP Policy Memo
- Top 10 Things You Need to Know