Home - Naval Support Activity Monterey
Welcome to Naval Support Activity Monterey
Naval Support Activity Monterey welcomes you to our site...
The base(s) will remain open to support the mission of our tenants. Our top priorities are to protect our people and maintain mission readiness. NSAM will effectively carry out the mission and take the appropriate steps to protect the health of our force and local community.
Status of base functions and services (Friday 29 May):
Most base services are open to support our tenants, but some are closed or have adjusted hours/services:
* Face coverings required
* Entry Control Points:
- The Sloat gate and Annex gates remain available 24/7.
- The Del Monte gate is closed until further notice due to reduced traffic.
- The Visitor Control Center is limited to 1 customer at a time inside the visitor control center building. VCC open and under normal hours.
- The 3 NPS turnstiles on the main campus are closed to inbound foot traffic to ensure 100% receive verbal questioning at our entry control points as a method to minimize COVID-19 exposure to the base.
- The Annex turnstile is out of service awaiting repair.
* Child Development Center: Effective Monday 27 April 2020, the hours of operation for CDC/SAC programs will be 0700-1700. These hours will remain in effect until normal operations can resume.
Effective 30 March 2020, only patrons designated as Mission Critical by their command (without the ability to telework or distance learn) will receive care. Single/Dual Military parent NPS Students will be deemed as Mission Critical. Use the Essential Childcare Declaration sent out by the Child Youth Programs office for school signature for your Mission Critical designation.
*** CDC / SAC Staffs have been directed to wear facemasks when at work at the CDC and around our children. CYP / SAC mask guidelines:
- All non-direct caregiver staff should have some kind of face covering in place while on Installation and/or in their place of employment.
- All direct caregiver staff may wear appropriate cloth face coverings within CDC guidelines.
- Children ages 0-5 should not wear face coverings while in care. While the CDC references children under 2 years of age should not wear masks, it is appropriate to believe children 3 to 5 years of age will have difficulty keeping face coverings in place. Additionally, face covering of small children in this environment can easily become safety hazards (choking/suffocating).
- All childcare staff members, parents and children will receive a health screening upon arrival at the CDC and Tech Connection as a method to minimize COVID-19 exposure to children, staff and parents. This screening will include a temperature check with a touchless thermometer. If the parent or child records a temperature of 100 or higher, the parent will be instructed to take the child home. Care cannot be resumed until the individual has been cleared by a health professional in writing.
Parents are asked to self-screen their children prior to arriving at the center. The health of our military children as well as our childcare providers and staff members is a priority.
Parents are required to self-care for own children at home if Navy full-time telework agreement during COVID-19 pandemic is executed, parent fees will be waived/space saved.
Parent fees will be waived/space saved for all personnel who elect to voluntarily temporary withdrawal their child for at least two weeks or until May 1, 2020.
Due to COVID-19, the CDC will continue to adapt its operations as necessary to meet both the Navy’s mission and family requirements while ensuring the children in our care and our professionals are healthy and safe.
Please keep in mind that as the situation evolves (and if restricted access to the base is ordered) and employees are to remain at home, the CDC will shift to children of Mission-Essential Personnel only.
* Navy Lodge: Playground closed. La Mesa and Ord Military Community Housing playgrounds also closed.
* NGIS/Navy Lodge: Status Open for military/tenant required travel. Guest with current leisure travel reservations between now and 1 June will be cancelled.
Fleet and Family Services: FFSC is still currently open, but is not seeing clients in person due to the COVID-19 precautions. Clients that want to speak to a PFM can schedule an appointment and the counseling will be over the phone. Call 831-656-3060 to schedule an appointment.
MWR ITT Ticket Office: Closed.
Golf Course: Closed.
* NSAM Dental Clinic: NPS Dental sick call is available from 0700-1600 daily but please call the clinic first at 831-656-2477. If you are experiencing a true dental emergency after-hours, then please go to the Emergency Room.
Exams are deferred unless there is absolute urgent need for the exam to be done, which will be considered on a case by case basis (being dental class 4 doesn't qualify as an emergency). We will still allow check ins to drop off their dental records but prefer them to call first (our clinic front desk number 831-656-2477).
* MEDICAL: Medical sick call is open on a walk-in basis (0630-0730).
* NSAM ID Card Lab: ID Card lab services will be limited to those in emergent need only, and services are limited to: Initial CAC issuance, Lost/Stolen CAC or Teslin ID card issuances, CAC/Teslin card renewals for cards set to expire in the next 30 days, newly retired service members, dependent enrollment (Active Duty and Retirees only), dependent IDs expiring within 30 days, and pin resets.
Appointments can be made at https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil (mobile friendly)
Site Locator https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl (mobile friendly)
Starbucks: Closed until further notice.
Café Del Monte: Closed until further notice.
* El Prado: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for to-go, takeout options.
Trident Room: Closed.
*NEX/Gas station/Autoport: Open. The NEX main store hours are temporarily changed to 0900-1700 Monday through Saturday. The NEX normally closes at 1800. It will remain closed on Sundays due to a low volume of business. The Car Care Center hours will change to 0830-1600 Monday- Friday.
· The La Mesa Mini-Mart will be modifying its Sunday hours to 1000-1600.
NEX Barber Shop: Closed until further notice.
Chapel: Closed for worship services. Counseling services available and will continue to be provided.
RV park: Open. Not accepting future reservations at this time. Existing reservations will be honored. Current residents have extensions for the duration in the COVID-19 environment..
* Post Office: Open. Conducting temperature checks upon facility entry.
* Navy Federal: Open.
N9 Admin office: Closed. Staff to telework.
SARC: NSA Monterey’s Sexual Assault Resource Coordinator is currently teleworking from 0800-1630 Mon-Friday, but remains on call 24/7 for sexual assault issues. All survivors of sexual assault will be provided support, resource information, and one on one consultations, if needed.
* Fleet Logistics Center: FLC and Supply outlets (official mail center, warehouse, house hold goods) are open for business. Conducting temperature checks upon facility entry. House hold goods is closed to foot traffic, but is still reviewing and processing applications submitted at www.move.mil for carrier assignment as allowed by the DoD Stop Movement order. The DoD Stop Movement order placed all household goods associated with PCS moves are on hold. Separations and retirement moves are still being processed. If a member is in the middle of PCS at this time, they need to request a waiver from PERS 451.
Home to over 15 tenant commands, NSA Monterey provides primary support to the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), Navy Research Lab (NRL), and the Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center (FNMOC). NPS is the largest producer of advanced graduate degrees for the Department of Defense and proudly graduates thousands every year from all services and from over 50 countries. NRL provides all scientific and weather modeling as well as atmospheric and aerosol studies. FNMOC provides the highest quality, most relevant and timely worldwide Meteorology and Oceanography support to U.S. and coalition forces from FNMOC's 24x7 Operations Center in Monterey. NSA Monterey supports over 160 buildings which are located on more than 626 acres.