Ready for Review? - Thesis Processing
Submit Your Thesis - Title
Submit your paper to Thesis Processing
Ready for Review
Minimum draft requirements
- Distribution statement selected in your Python Thesis Dashboard (in the Security and Compliance section).
- Draft and First 8 Pages file uploaded to thesis SharePoint site (or Box, if thesis is export controlled). If classified or CHDS, see our file-sharing page for more information on how you will share your files.
- A minimum of three complete chapters formatted in the NPS thesis template and ALL PARAGRAPH style is applied to all body paragraphs. You may submit ANY three chapters; it is not required that you submit the first three.
- Chapters are 1) cited, 2) proofread, 3) reviewed by your advisor(s), and 4) free of track changes or comments.
- At least a partial (proofread!) list of references, reflecting sources cited in your text.
- File is named 20Dec_LastName_FirstName.
- If more than one author, file name is 20Dec_LastName1_LastName2_LastName3
- If SE capstone, file is named using the last name of the first-listed author (by alphabet) on the cover page followed by "et al": 20Dec_FirstAuthorLastName et al
- Thesis Proposal Form in your thesis dashboard is complete.
- "Thesis Processing Brief" is checked off in your thesis dashboard's Requirements Status section.
- You are graduating in the current quarter.
- We are unable to follow the normal procedure for TOP SECRET classified thesis review at this time. Instead, your advisors and chair will review your thesis and sign your TRAF. You will email your final thesis files to your thesis processor’s @nrnic.ic.gov account. Your processor will issue your thesis acceptance in Python and place your thesis on HOLD until such time as we are able to access the SCIF. Your thesis will be reviewed retroactively. Please follow the instructions on our website (https://nps.edu/web/thesisprocessing/classified-fouo-papers) to request a thesis processor to coordinate your thesis completion. Templates are available in the public folders in the SCIF.
- Think your paper might be FOUO? See guidance here.
- What will we look for? See Common Errors: Things We Mark—You Fix.
- CHDS students with an editor are excused from the Initial Review requirement and from using SharePoint.