Other Publications - Center for Infrastructure Defense
- D.D. Woods, T.P. Seager, D.L. Alderson, 2020, When Can We Move Forward From COVID-19? When Four Capabilities Are In Action. (Version 1.0). Zenodo. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3748052, 10 April 2020.
- Eisenberg, D.E., "Resilience Corner: Resilience Is Not About What You Have, It Is About What You Do," Surge Newsletter, January 1, 2020.
Tutorials & Reviews
- Alderson, D.L., 2019, Overcoming Barriers to Greater Scientific Understanding of Critical Infrastructure Resilience, in M. Ruth & S. G. Reisemann (Eds), Handbook on Resilience of Socio-technical Systems, Edward Elgar Publishing, Northampton, MA.
- Eisenberg, D.A., Alderson, D.L., Kitsak, M., Ganin, A.A., and Linkov, I., 2018, Network Foundation for Command and Control (C2) Systems: Literature Review, IEEE Access 6(1):1-13, December, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2873328.
- Seager, T.P., S. Spierre Clark, D.A. Eisenberg, J.E. Thomas, M.M. Hinrichs, R. Kofron, C. Norgaard Jensen, L.R. McBurnett, M. Snell, and D.L. Alderson, 2017, "Redesigning resilient infrastructure research." In Resilience and Risk, Springer, Dordrecht, 81-119.
- Alderson, D.L., G.G. Brown, W.M. Carlyle. 2014. Assessing and Improving Operational Resilience of Critical Infrastructures and Other Systems. A. Newman, J. Leung, eds., Tutorials in Operations Research: Bridging Data and Decision. Institute for Operations Research and Management Science, Hanover, MD, 180-215. [slides]
- Dimitrov, N.B. and Ancel Meyers, L., 2010, Mathematical Approaches to Infectious Disease Prediction and Control. Tutorials in Operations Research, November 2010,, doi: 10.1287/educ.1100.0075.Willinger, W., Alderson, D., and Doyle, J.C., 2009, Mathematics and the Internet: A source of enormous confusion and great potential, Notices of the American Mathematical Society 56(5): 286-299.
- Brown, G., Carlyle, W.M., Salmeron, J. and Wood, K., 2005, "Analyzing the Vulnerability of Critical Infrastructure to Attack, and Planning Defenses," in Tutorials in Operations Research: Emerging Theory, Methods, and Applications, H. Greenberg and J. Smith, eds., Institute for Operations Research and Management Science, Hanover, MD.
- Alderson, D.L. and Darken, R.P., 2019, Dystopia: A Virtual Environment for Education, Training, and Exercises, Naval Postgraduate School Technical Report NPS-OR-19-002, December.
- Alderson, D.L., Bunn, B.B., Eisenberg, D.A., Howard, A.R., Nussbaum, D.A., and Templeton, J., 2018, Interdependent Infrastructure Resilience in the U.S. Virgin Islands: Preliminary Assessment, Naval Postgraduate School Technical Report NPS-OR-18-005, December.
- Salmerón, J., Alderson, D.L, and Brown, G.G., 2018, "Resilience Report: Analysis of Hawaiian Electric Power Grid Vulnerability to Physical Attack (U)", Naval Postgraduate School Technical Report NPS-OR-18-001R, February.
- Alderson, D.L., Brown, G.G., Dell, R.F., Witwer, T.M., 2017, Studies of the Fuel Supply Chain in the Pacific Area of Responsibility (U), NPS Technical Report NPS-OR-17-003R, October.
- Nicholas, P.J., Alderson, D.L., 2015, Designing Interference-Robust Wireless Mesh Networks Using a Defender-Attacker-Defender Model, Naval Postgraduate School Technical Report NPS-OR-15-002, February.
- Alderson, D., Brown, G., Carline, A., DeGrange, W., Fleischmann, M, and Salmerón, J., 2014, Assessing Risk and Identifying How to Improve Resilience of the Energy Supply Chain in the Pacific Theater Bulk Fuel Transport and Prepositioning (U), Center for Infrastructure Defense Technical Report NPS-OR-14-001R, February.
- Alderson, D., Brown, G., DiRenzi, J., Engle, R., Jackson, J., Maule, B., and Onuska, J., 2012, "Improving the resilience of coal transport in the Port of Pittsburgh – an example of defender-attacker-defender optimization-based decision support," NPS Technical report NPS-OR-12-004.
- Salmerón, J., Alderson, D., Brown, G., and Wood, R.K., 2012, Resilience Report: The Guam Power Authority Electric Power Grid: Analyzing Vulnerability to Physical Attack (U), Center for Infrastructure Defense Technical Report NPS-OR-12-002, May.
- Salmerón, J., Alderson, D., and Brown, G., 2011, Resilience Report: Electric Power Infrastructure Supporting Mission Assurance at Vandenberg Air Force Base (U), Center for Infrastructure Defense Technical Report NPS-OR-11-008, December.
- Schramm, H.C., Alderson, D.L., Carlyle, W.M., Dimitrov, N., 2011, A Game Theoretic Model of Strategic Conflict in Cyberspace, Naval Postgraduate School Technical Report NPS-OR-005, December.