Welcome - International Graduate Programs Office
About the IGPO
The International Graduate Programs Office (IGPO) at NPS builds partner capacity, enhances the development of relationships with partners and allies and strengthens the Navy’s unique role in global diplomacy. IGPO strives to increase International Student Enrollment, number of partner nations supported per year, and graduation rates. International military and civilian students are educated in NPS graduate degree and certificate programs alongside their US counterparts. IGPO supports the cultural, social, and academic integration of international students throughout their enrollment at NPS and beyond. IGPO is key in facilitating connections, agreements, and long-term partnerships with allied nations. Building these partnerships take time to develop and requires continuous engagement with partner nations. IGPO is the focal point for NPS international educational mission through:
- Recruitment, administration, and facilitation of international students’ admission into NPS programs
- Induction and orientation of new international students into NPS and the local community.
- Supporting international students’ needs and help them navigate difficult times to adjust to their new environment. (i.e. dealing with tragedies, sensitive issues, or government related matters).
- Facilitate international exchanges for research, joint programs
- Provide connections between academic units at NPS, Dept of State, DoD, combatant commands, US embassies and foreign/partners ministries of defense/interior to enhance core missions.
- Create a life-long learning network through maintaining contact with international graduates.
- Integrate the educational needs/requirements of US global allies and partners into NPS program offerings
- Foster enduring relationships with allied nations through DoD channels
- Develop effective content delivery methods for international clients at the point of need.
- Expand applied research opportunities for NPS international graduates.
- Leverage a global network of life-long learners through continuing education curricula and post-graduate research.