About Research @NPS - Research
One of the major goals of the NPS Research Program is provide cost-effective research and unique research laboratory facilities that permit students and faculty to support Navy/DoD needs. NPS provides independent assessments of proposed solutions to military issues, pre-deployment evaluation of new technologies, and combined student-faculty expertise for current research and development programs.
NPS Research Programs are comprised of:
- Sponsored Research Programs
- Basic and Applied Research
- Individual and Group Projects
- Fleet Support
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreements with Non-Federal Entities
- Cooperative Research with Eligible Non-Federal Entities
- Naval Research Program (NRP)
- Institutionally Funded Research Programs
- Integrated Graduate Education and Research Programs
- Space Systems
- Total Ship Systems Engineering
- Combat Systems
Research is conducted in every academic department within the graduate schools and in the research and education institutes.
NPS also has a number of Patents and Express Licenses available on the TechLink website.
Additional Research Facts for FY20
➤21 new Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs) or Limited-Purpose CRADAs were executed.
➤9 fellowships awarded to NPS students by the Naval Information Warfare Center Pacific
➤16 National Research Council Research Associates on tenure
➤11 visiting faculty members hosted by NPS from the Engineer and Scientist Exchange Program
➤12 non-provisional patent applications filed by NPS Researchers
➤14 provisional patent applications filed by NPS Researchers
➤7 new inventions disclosures filed by NPS Researchers
➤13 patents awarded
Download Research and Sponsored Programs.pdf