The Joint Special Operations University published the Special Operations Research Topics 2022, which prioritizes research areas to “illuminate blind spots, provide a better standing of complex issues and opportunities, and contribute tot he evolution fo the way [Special Operations Forces] leaders think” (p. v).
Priority areas identified in the Special Operations Research Topics 2022 include:
- Special Operations Forces (SOF) Ethics
- The promise of Artificial Intelligence (AI)-Assisted Decision-Making
- The Utility of SOF in Strategic Competition
- Civil Resistance in the Future Operating Environment
- Influence Operations
- Fixing SOF Command and Control
Other research areas of interest include:
- SOF as a Profession (Ethics and Culture)
- AI and Big Data
- China, Russia, and Strategic Competition
- Resistance Movements and Special Operations Support to Resistance
- Cyberspace: Operations, Espionage, and Influence
Check out the Joint Special Operations University Library for additional insights on research, science, and technology of interest to the Special Operations community.