Naval Warfare Studies Institute at Naval Postgraduate School - Naval Warfare Studies Institute
Your map to the research and innovation ecosystem at Naval Postgraduate School
- 600 professor-researchers with decades of academic and military expertise
- 1,600 mid-career resident students eager to conduct mission-focused research
- Classified research resources and spaces
- Experimentation zones for emerging technology
- Active collaborations with industry partners
- Ongoing conversations with service headquarters and Fleet/Fleet Marine Forces
Students – Our Secret Weapon
Students complete coursework, conduct research on an operational issue, and then complete a thesis or capstone project.
Close and constant interaction with the services while working on emerging concepts and priority capabilities ensures students and their faculty advisors align their efforts to the services’ most pressing challenges.
By doing so, graduates contribute to service efforts and return to the Fleet/FMF highly-attuned to current operations and future operational challenges.
Contact us!We're ready for your call or email.
How it works
Naval or Marine leaders make the call to tap NPS's intellectual capital.
NWSI’s uniformed and civilian staff translate operational issues into education, research, wargaming, and experimentation objectives and tasks.
Interdisciplinary teams of faculty and students work these tasks, iterating with their operating force of Service headquarters partners to deliver useful and usable solutions.